I’m guessing cadets can’t upload avatars...

Ace Rimmer

Spaceman
I’m not irritated or anything like that, I’m just hoping I’m right about the avatars because at least that means that I can have one later on.

You need to have at least 2,000 posts to have an avatar or contribute something significant to the community. Of course you could act like an *** get a nice swabbie avatar. Its all in the rules if you should take a few seconds to view them seems like every couple of months someone is posting that they can't get their avatar to work when the answers just a few clicks away.

Welcome to the CIC what wing commander games have you played and what turned you onto wing commander?

In terms of contrast and legibility, bright colors are probably better than dull ones, but what Lt.Death was getting at was that colors are typically reserved for highlighting special posts at these Forums. 2000 posts isn't that hard to reach, and there's always new and exciting stuff to talk about.

Maybe I'll make Lieutenant some day.

I guess if you're going to be on a forum, you've found the best one going. It is Wing Commander after all.

While it doesn't take too much effort to make it to 2K posts, do keep in mind that if it looks like you're obviously posting crap just for the sake of padding your postcount, you're likely to wind up getting that neat little swabbie avatar that Stone48420 mentioned, which comes with a ban from the forums as standard equipment.

(And, BTW, Stone, you don't need to censor out an occasional vulgar word or two. Just don't go crazy with swearing.)

It depends on the context.

For instance, I might tell Chris Reid that "he can dashed well dash it where the dash doesn't shine", and that would be fine.

However, if I were to say "Dash Rendar is my favorite Star Wars character!", then I should be banned.

Bandit LOAF said:
It depends on the context.

For instance, I might tell Chris Reid that "he can dashed well dash it where the dash doesn't shine", and that would be fine.

However, if I were to say "Dash Rendar is my favorite Star Wars character!", then I should be banned.

Why you always hatin' on the poor man's Han Solo? :(

Heh, I've still got a long way to go (I think the tolerance for padding is slightly lower in the "Hello" type posts :D). One guy did get creative by (ab)using one of the text fields that gets displayed into a really low-resolution avatar.

I noticed that several people with less than 2000 posts are getting avatars, did the Mods change the policy? There's no mention to any change in the rules section.

Y'all should pay closer attention to the front page news... or CZ threads started by me. We held a 24-hour contest last week in which everyone who entered was given an avatar.

Our reasons for doing this will become clear in the near future.

I started this thread a long time ago. Who brought it back to the top?

And no, I don’t pay much attention some times, especially since every once and a while I don’t have computer access for over 48 hours, as happened to be the case over the last couple of weeks.

I started this thread a long time ago. Who brought it back to the top?

Wow, yeah, if only there were some way you could figure this out? What if, in the future, we include dates and times when everyone in the thread has posted, so you can just look at that?

(The answer is that Ridgerunner resurrected the thread, but that it hadn't been dormant for all that long.)

Back