Hunter Joins Long Line of WC Movie Actors in Star Wars (November 13, 2022)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Zounds: the sketchy Chandrilan banker on the latest Andor is played by Richard Dillane... who was Hunter in Wing Commander! I did not notice this at all, credit to AD!

Let's think through other Wing Commander movie veterans in Star Wars... Hugh Quarshie was Mr. Obutu and Naboo's Captain Panaka in The Phantom Menace! 1999 was a BIG year for Quarshieheads.

Freddie Prinze Jr. went on to voice Jedi Knight Kanan on Star Wars Rebels! Which is the reverse of how that happened before.

In the opposite direction, Mark Hamill voiced Merlin (the Rapier's bitchin' betty) in Wing Commander and... I feel like I don't have to explain who Luke Skywalker is.

Cyril Nri is Pegasus' Security Officer in Wing Commander and he's credited as a First Order Officer in The Rise of Skywalker. I think that's him at the meeting where Kylo Ren confronts the First Order leadership. (RIP Boolio)

The internet tells me that the late, great David Warner voiced an Imperial general in the Star Wars game Force Commander.

Half credit: Graham Riddell plays the Kilrathi captain in Wing Commander and is credited as a special effects technician on The Phantom Menace.

Also Kylo Ren's... transport?... 's engines really remind me of Secret Ops' Hades-class! Maybe TheSpaceshipper can tell us more about the Star Wars ship.

--
Original update published on November 13, 2022

When I glanced at the first thumbnail after seeing the previous posts I assumed it was Caspar Van Dien and was briefly confused before I actually read the title. They really look alike.

Also, Malcolm McDowell played an archaeologist in the series finale of Rebels.

Last edited:
Back