How To Stand out From the Crowd (April 15, 2024)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
I finally got around to taking pictures of a pair of mini standees that I added to the collection last year. They're visually quite different from each other, but were intended for the same function to sit on the counter of a Babbage's/Software Etc/Egghead/Electronic Boutique-type store and generate excitement about the next Wing Commander game. The Prophecy item looks like a box, but it's a triangular A-frame joined at the top with a flat panel on the bottom. The WC4 prop looks like a tiny version of a more traditional standee display. Both are unused (the adhesive tape is still fresh on the bottom of the WCP flap), so I'll be sure to give them a good home!

--
Original update published on April 15, 2024

I remember seeing that same WC4 stand when my mother brought me to pc world in 96. I would have been 12 years old at the time. They had pc's set up and running wing commander 4 that you could actually play. I remember seeing the intro and thinking that the lead actor looks very familiar. When I finally took control of the ship I couldn't figure out how to get out of the hanger.

It was absolutely mind blowing.

Back