How can you guys call this easy?

As I recall, on nightmare WCP cheats in the other direction in most aspects, but I don't remember if armour was one of them. I don't have my copy of the WCP guide here, so I can't check.

IIRC the enemies get like 150% damage, but you should still have your armor bonus compared to your wingmen. Could be wrong tho.

One ACE my Wingmen hit enemy constatly and they need alot of hits to bring them down, where i can hit them a few times and they nearly down.

On the lowest diffulty, they seem to do much more damage (and me too).

Could it be possible, that Wingman only use 1 gun from their ships, instead both (in the gladii).

Can't say anything about shields in standoff - just did not survive long enough to see anything :)
But playing Armada I noticed that when you select an ¨ace¨ level, the game starts tricking you...
The projectiles do miss when they actually do go right on target,
and the second thing is that it always happens that your fire hits the stringest shield of the enemy,
no matter which side it is turned to you...
maybe, the engine used in standoff automatically does the same?

That sounds a bit off about the Armada engine. If what you were suggesting was true, then you'd have to knock down all four shields before you could damage enemy armor. That's not necessary. It's very possible to target a section and focus your fire there.

Okay. All four shields... yes... That's a good point again :)
I am not right here, I confess it :)
Still, some tricking can exist in WCP engine, too...

Hmmm :)
Have completed a prologue in one night...
Okay okay - not difficult at all, it is - just get used to it :)
But - projectiles are still DAMN SLOW! :)

By the way...
You do discuss a sim in Standoff...
Is it released already?..
How could I miss it then?
It it is released please please oh pretty please - tell me where to get it!
I can not wait to fly a Hornet.
My most beloved ship, it is...

It's not in the prologue, no. But you'll find a nice juicy simulator with all sorts of goodies in the release of the next episode.

Inlcuding the Hornet, yep. You will be able to fly any of 14 ships in any of 10 missions.

Eder said:
Inlcuding the Hornet, yep. You will be able to fly any of 14 ships in any of 10 missions.

Well you do if you know the cheat codes... ;-)

Yes, the Hornet is not one of the 7 commonly available simulator ships... you have to type the 'alswantsmoreships' code for it to become available.

In the campaign missions you only get to fly 5 ships (Stiletto, Gladius, Rapier, Sabre, Crossbow) and no cheat codes will get you anything else.

Strange logic, indeed...
Why hide the ships in sim?
It is sim, it is only natural to have there all ships...
I mean - it is natural for a carrier to have all the ships in its sim...
Why cheat codes than?...

My guess is engine limitations......

Will it be possible with some WCP/SO Shipchanger or whatever they are called to change ships?

MjavTheGray said:
I mean - it is natural for a carrier to have all the ships in its sim...
Why cheat codes than?...
Because that's the way the game works, we can't change it. :p

Icefire69 said:
Will it be possible with some WCP/SO Shipchanger or whatever they are called to change ships?
It should be possible to, but I'm not sure how those programs work (and I'm sure that anything with a pretty user interface would be completely screwed, by displaying wrong ship and weapon names and what not). Worst case scenario, you just have to extract a few files from our TRE file and rename them around.

Because Standoff is a mod to Secret Ops, and Prophecy/Secret Ops has a list of ships you can use in the simulator, and another "hidden" list of ships that was available with a cheat code. Standoff only replaces the ship slots that were already available in WCP/SO; so we also replaces the "hidden" ship list.

EDIT: Bah, Eder beat me to it :p

Ah!
So, S.O. has its hidden list too!
I see :) ...
Now I see.
Ummm... will it be too much to ask if the hornet model could be remade for SO?
or... for UE?
Yeah, that would be very interesting to try fly a Hornet against bugs...
Is is possible?

What do you mean, remade? The model is already designed for SO, since the entire mod is designed for SO.

I think he means a model to use in regular SO or in UE.

Sorry, but it's too much to ask right now, specially after I got scared by all those "your ship crashes regular SO" posts from the guys who tried it. :p

Back