Holy crap

Oh, there are folks here much older and much younger than me... but I think ace (and maybe Chris?) is the only other user who's old enough in Wing Commander internet years to remember the community in the mid '90s. :)

Yup, my paragraph is there in the Jason Bernard memorial. I was just mostly in a different slice of the internet - AOL Keyword Origin & alt.games.wing-commander in 1994-96.

Oh, there are folks here much older and much younger than me... but I think ace (and maybe Chris?) is the only other user who's old enough in Wing Commander internet years to remember the community in the mid '90s. :)
*ahem*

Of course, I was such a dweeb back then (more so than now, difficult as that may be for newer fans to believe :p ), I can totally understand wanting to forget that period of my online life. :D

Yeah I can think of a few of my a.g.w-c posts I'd rather never read again....ahhh the glories of youth.

We were talking the other day about the old days in #w-c. The highest being in our universe was to have #w-c Ops....and how later on Eagle-1 would have "rotating" ops for a day or so.

That's back when #w-c was a mad house 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

HOLY SHIIIIIT! I just found out that Felicia Day, THE Felicia Day, was one of the Ultima Dragons on Prodigy back when I was, and I knew her when... ~~~ Small friggin world, eh? ROFL

Too bad I -and a lot of other people- missed those times . I didnt have internet back then .When I joined this community I got hooked up ,still with no internet at home ,but from a crappy 56k dial up from an internet cafe:)

Anyway , great to meet you Lady :)

Back