Hmmm

I suppose the next step is.... is it possible to make secretops become a FULL WC game with character interaction whilst ON the carrier?

Depends on what you mean by character interaction. Yes, you could have characters speak when you click on them. But no, you couldn't have storyline choices - at least, not in the way WC3/4 had them. You could do it the way they did it in WCP, though.

Originally posted by Quarto
.... you could do it the way they did it in WCP, though.

...And how was that?... (I only played a little bit thru WCP, and it was a while ago...)
---------------------------------

Oh--Plz answer the question (if ya can) asked by a coupla folks awhile back: ARE there rooms in UE...other than just the "main" one?....

I suppose the next step is.... is it possible to make secretops become a FULL WC game with character interaction whilst ON the carrier?

That's exactly what I was thinking.... but I figured I should learn to walk before I run... :)

Originally posted by Preacher
...And how was that?... (I only played a little bit thru WCP, and it was a while ago...)

Through mission success/failure... I guess you could link it to ship choice too... You could have some weird-assed conversation where someone says "If you agree with me, fly the Hornet, otherwise fly the Epee!"

Oh--Plz answer the question (if ya can) asked by a coupla folks awhile back: ARE there rooms in UE...other than just the "main" one?....

Yes... someone already answered... There's the main room, and a non-official room that you can damned well find yourself... I accidently clicked in the wrong place!

Actually, I meant the Dallas thing... you know, how not clicking on Dallas resulted in different cutscenes...

Originally posted by Quarto
Actually, I meant the Dallas thing... you know, how not clicking on Dallas resulted in different cutscenes...

Hmm... I forgot about that entirely, actually... I can see a number of ways that could be effectively used...

Originally posted by TC
Yes... someone already answered... There's the main room, and a non-official room that you can damned well find yourself... I accidently clicked in the wrong place!

The non-official one: Is that the WC1 Pilot lounge, where Shotglass appears in all his pixelicious glory?...

If so, I know how to get to that one. If not: Can you plz tell me how to get to this one of which you speak?... Thx.

Just another question....
I'm not too clear on what parts of the game can use fmv and what parts use the engine... (Example; Landing sequence? Autopilot animation?) Can anybody shed some light?

FMV can be used anywhere. Game engine cutscenes are actually just like normal missions, so they can only be used during missions. The autopilot sequence is special, since you don't have to do anything for it to work.

Oh yeah, definitely. In fact, you don't even need take-off and landing sequences. If you were really lazy, you could have a mission begin with the player's ship in flight, which is what happens in sim missions.

Back