Help with WC4 DVD + Win7 (can u stop cursor going outside virtual pc window)

Hi.. everything is working but 2 things...

1) If i make virtual pc go full screen after game launch... screen just goes blank
2) If I make it full screen and then launch the game it says "Full Screen Mode Failed, Please refer to the README.TXT file about conflicts with teh desktop settings" As it can not handle wide screen resolutions, and there is no way to run Virtual PC at full screen and not be widescreen as my monitor is wide screen

3) So.. the problem is when running it in a window... in virtual PC... if you move your mouse outside the boarders of the window you are no longer in virtual PC.... is there to stop the mouse automatically moving outside teh virtual pc window?

Thanks in advance

I don't know how to fix this particular issue, but I'm curious why you are going this route at all in the first place. Most people are able to get WC4DVD (using the patch) to run fine on it's own in xp/vista/win7.

Um... I dunno... I didn't even bother trying to do it normaly I just assumed it wouldn't work....

I have tred it *now* and i couldn't get it to work... as in it will not even load saying there is an error with "rendering fullscreen" I am 99% sure this is as my native desktop / monitor is widescreen and it simply can not hande a wide screen monitor... I can not set my desktop to be "normal" rez as only the wide screen options are avaliable.

VirtualPC works perfectly, but for the problem of teh courssor going out of the window when you drag it to the edge.

I have the Wing Commander 4 dvd two-sided version What I did is get the patch from WCNEWS website that updates it windows 200 and set the compatibilty mode for windows 2000 and get the AC3 filter for the audio and it works on my desktop w/ vista and laptop w/ 7

I have the Wing Commander 4 dvd two-sided version What I did is get the patch from WCNEWS website that updates it windows 200 and set the compatibilty mode for windows 2000 and get the AC3 filter for the audio and it works on my desktop w/ vista and laptop w/ 7

great, this works fine.. thank you!

Wc4 win7

Hi, got all the patches etc.. however am having trouble using any form of controller in game. im sure the mouse pointer worked back in the day too.

any advice m8s?

Many Thanks

actually, i can use controllers online, i just get the "roster" screen but cannot do anything once there. Very Odd

once you are in flight sim mode... you need to enter options and select mouse or joystick control... these options are only there once you enter combat mode. The full manuals for the game are on this site btw ... I can not remember off the top of my head what the button to bring up options is.

Back