help for running Privateer under XP

U

Unregistered

I downloaded a priv2 version from the ~~~~~~~~~ and i tried it using DOSBox 0.61

Unfortunately, it's giving me an error message, something like that:

Privateer 2 Fatal Error - SNAFU - EAM_initsound Failed 3 digital sound hardware not found

I mention that i tried also running this game with VDMSound, latest version, but it's telling me exactly the same error stated above.

My system:
Duron 1400
GeForce 4 MX
integrated sound card - cmi chipset

Maybe it's cause it's warez and perhaps ripped, so that some files are missing / wrong or so. - So at first I would suggest you to buy the game via ebay. It's worth it anyway. Afterwards you could try the Windows patch, so that DOS EMU isn't needed anymore.
EDIT: And imho, 5€ and less isn't too much money for a PC game anyway.

thx for replying

now i passed this problem and i entered into the main menu

if i press new game or load game (i have a saved game) it's coming the following msg:

Privateer 2 Fatal Error - openhandle - ERROR OPENING FILE C:\DARK\PRIVAT2\movies\hbd.hbd

the game is ripped, no movies
As I already guessed it. That explains your Error that you get/got. Still don't get it why you are unwilling to pay $5 (or less) for such a nice game, although you really want it (???). Anyway, imo it isn't that great fun anymore without movies. But well, guess that's only me then...

you're right, THE_WUQKED.

it's a litlle problem for me to buy it
i need a credit card and a store to find it
in Romania both are still difficult to achieve
so i manage how i can

i received a new error

in crius, after i speak with the doctor, i can't find Xavier Shonti in the Surgeons Blunder BAr.
Got any idea why?

i need a credit card and a store to find it
Oh yes, that is really stupid. :( - And no ebay or so in Romania? But guess you need a credit card for that, too, most of the time (well not here in Germany, but don't know about Romania) Now I get your situation.
To your new prob: Sorry, haven't played Priv2 yet, currently playing all WC main games...

Back