Hello again

yoyoyojo

Rear Admiral
Well about once every 2 or 3 years I get the itch, the wing commander itch. The poll on the front page took me back. I think I've lurked here for close to 10 years ... is that even possible?

How facinating that WC still gets me excited all these years later. I often think of WC3 and 4 as the "golden age" of video game making. Prior to the machinima cut scenes we get today they had to hire and film real actors. Reminds me of the epic movies of the 50's/60's (think Clepatra) prior to CGI they had to hire 1000's of extras. And similar to golden age of Hollywood, I do not think we will ever see games made like they made WC3 thru 6, integrating live action.

I am hopeful gog.com or some other similar service will soon offer more WC games. Sure I can dust my copy of KS off and get DOS box running, but ti woudl be nice if someone gave them a proper tweak to run correctly with modern OSs and hardware.

It's funny how the franchise just wont die, and for that everyone here should pat themselves on the back.

I've of course played many different type of games, MMORPGs, FPS, Stealth, flight simulators, PC, console, Wii. But nothing quite gives me that nostalgic feeling that I get from the WC franchise.

Glad to see this website still thriving! Thank you all so much for keeping the flame alive. I am sure other classic games have their following, but I just can't imagine any being this successful.

Welcome Back *Wing* Commander! :cool:

Always good to see a friendly ship!

I have a good feeling the future is only going to get brighter for Wing Commander in the future.

Yeah I've been coming here just as long. I always end up coming back to Wing Commander. There's something timeless about it :)

Back