Hat Poll

Which ship would you like on a hat? Color?

• TCS Tiger's Claw

Votes: 26 42.6%
  • TCS Concordia

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • TCS Victory

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • BWS Intrepid

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • TCS Midway

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • TCS Cerberus

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • TCS Tarawa

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • TCS Princeton

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Navy

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • Black

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters
Here goes:

tarawa_hat.png

Feel free to make any changes that may be necessary, like resizing the text or so.

It took a week or so of steady harassment, but it's finally made. Through arm twisting, teeth pulling, and finally calling in a favor, I was able to get a buddy to create a .ai version of Eder's picture in the proper colors (yes,black) when he really didn't have time to be messing with such things.

Since it has been some time since this all started, what I'll need now is a new confirmation from each person who has already said they would buy a hat that they will pay when they arrive (see below) and anyone else who would like one. My estimate is approx. $30 each, which would include the price of the custom hats + an additional "First to Kilrah" on the back + shipping to me + $5 individual shipping from my place to each of you (within the U.S.).

Now if you count up the hats already accounted for, you will notice that we are still one short of the minimum dozen. I suggest that we each pitch in an extra $2.50 and buy one for Eder, without whom this wouldn't be possible - making the final price an estimated $32.50 per hat, barring any surprises. Of course if it turns out to be lower, all the better.

So check out the design, and if you still want one let me know........

Me (x2)
LOAF (x2)
LeHah
Chris
Deadman ny
Haliwali
Jason Ryock
Capn Johnny
Drizzt Do Urden

Attachments

• wchat2.jpg
    wchat2.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 153
Nope, I don't want a black one.
Sorry to "intrude," I just stumbled over this thread. Correct me if I'm wrong, but for embroidering hats, it really shouldn't make a difference what color the hat, text or graphics are (the latter are all vector-based anyway, so it's just a matter of using different-colored yarn). Only thing is that hats in the same color are probably going to be cheaper due to quantity discount.

On a side note: My wife's doing stuff like this for a living, so if there's enough Europeans who'd like to have a Tarawa hat but avoid US S&H, we could possibly work something out. (Just an offer!)

I had sent them an email asking if different color hats can be made for the same order, but they never responded. I'll call them today and find out.

Now if you count up the hats already accounted for, you will notice that we are still one short of the minimum dozen. I suggest that we each pitch in an extra $2.50 and buy one for Eder, without whom this wouldn't be possible - making the final price an estimated $32.50 per hat, barring any surprises.
Thanks, but I don't really wear hats - that would be a waste of perfectly fine brain-melting, eye-hurting brazilian sunlight. :p

And it was no trouble at all getting the silhouette render done since the model was just lying round anyway.

Confirm my order. I would prefer a blue hat if possible, but a black one will work. Side-note for the black vs. blue argument, I saw a guy at work with a navy cap on and it was shade of blue slightly deeper than the Eisen hat. Side-note to the side-note, did you know that the abbreviation for Battleship is BB?

Thanks, but I don't really wear hats
Your call, let me know if you change your mind. Thanks again for the picture.

Good news about the colors, you can have your choice. I've got Haliwali confirmed for a blue one, and I'll send a standard PM reminder to everyone else on the list.

Still need confirmation from LOAF, Deadman_ny, Jason Ryock, Capn Johnny, Drizzt Do Urden, and of course anyone else who wants one.

The design looks great - but the registry number is incorrect. It needs to be changed to CVE-8.

I'll take a navy blue.

Can someone explain why the Tarawa gets it's mug on a hat, even though the Tigers Claw is winning the poll?
Is this poll run by Mugabe?

Looks good! Thanks for organising this, McGruff. :) I'd like to put in an order for a navy blue cap please.

Can someone explain why the Tarawa gets it's mug on a hat, even though the Tigers Claw is winning the poll?
Is this poll run by Mugabe?

Read back through the thread. We decided that more of us wanted a Tarawa hat with First to Kilrah.

Back