Hat Poll

Which ship would you like on a hat? Color?

• TCS Tiger's Claw

Votes: 26 42.6%
  • TCS Concordia

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • TCS Victory

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • BWS Intrepid

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • TCS Midway

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • TCS Cerberus

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • TCS Tarawa

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • TCS Princeton

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Navy

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • Black

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters
If a Tarawa hat was to be made another thing besides the standard front logo it would be nice if "First to Kilrah" could be put along the back.

I'd pay the extra $5 for the additional text, anyone have the time and the talent to draw up a picture like the Princeton one for us to use?

From their site....

"All artwork submitted to Greekgear.com is preferred in the formats below. We cannot accept Macintosh files at this time. Vector art is preferred whenever possible. Please submit native Illustrator or Photoshop artwork in version CS or lower and native Corel artwork in version 12 or lower. Preferred Formats: .tif .eps .ai .psd .cdr"

Attachments

• wcprinceton.jpg
    wcprinceton.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 149
Anyone know the quality of cafepress hats? They look cheaper, but I don't want it to fall apart. On the other hand, I'm currently low on funding to be going and buying hats...

I'd pay the extra $5 for the additional text, anyone have the time and the talent to draw up a picture like the Princeton one for us to use?

From their site....

"All artwork submitted to Greekgear.com is preferred in the formats below. We cannot accept Macintosh files at this time. Vector art is preferred whenever possible. Please submit native Illustrator or Photoshop artwork in version CS or lower and native Corel artwork in version 12 or lower. Preferred Formats: .tif .eps .ai .psd .cdr"

Any Photoshop or Illustrator program has the ability to output in TIF EPS AI or PSD format. I don't know about CDR, that's a new one on me.

I happen to work in graphic design - alot of my job is using vector-based artwork (We have a machine that cuts signs out of material using vectors laid out in those programs).

I don't know who laid out the art for the Eisen hats, but if you need someone, I'm available.

Alright, let's let this poll go till Sunday.
$17.75+2$shipping+possible 5$callsign=$24.75/$19.75 per person.
Lets get someone on the Tarawa artwork, since it looks like thats whats winning. Navy also wins by a vote but we've got a few days to sort that out.
Minimum order is 12, Tarawa has 14 votes.
Everyone willing to purchase a hat make a post that says so if you haven't already.

EDIT: Just throwing this out there but it might be a good idea to get a few extra and add them to the store. Just a thought...

As LOAF pointed out, putting out a hat that already exists seems counter-productive. The people here at the CIC could've easily made a Tiger's Claw hat instead of a William Eisen; add to that you'd now have to argue if its "Tiger Claw"/"Tiger's Claw" or if its a CSS ship or not and all sorts of things.

Tarawa is a damned fine ship, but thats just my two cents.

True, if the hat already exsists... and it would kind of ruin some of the special for the guys that earned them...

$17.75+2$shipping+possible 5$callsign=$24.75/$19.75 per person.

Don't forget secondary shipping to individual CICers.

And the possible extra $5 was for Dundradal's idea of adding "First to Kilrah" on the back if it happens to be Tarawa. If we start doing different callsigns on each one, someone's will inevitably get messed up in the process, which will be a potential cluster I wouldn't want to deal with.

.......And what's with all this navy blue business. You all realize that it's not going to be the proper really really dark, looks like it's black to me if it's even navy at all navy, right?

Attachments

• NewportNews.JPG
    NewportNews.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 141
  • Shasta.jpg
    Shasta.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 148
  • Eisen.jpg
    Eisen.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 136
For some reason there seems to be a lot more votes than people who have confirmed that they will get a hat?? The purpose of it was to decide which kind we will get from the folks who are actually getting them, NOT to just collect random opinions.

Just sent them an email, hopefully we can do both....

Hello, I plan to make an order of your custom embroidered hats in the near future using my own design, and have a couple questions.

Do they all have to be the same base color, or can the hats be different colors? For example, the same artwork on 8 blue ones and 4 black ones for a total of 12.

Also, someone who has ordered from you in the past mentioned that for an extra $5 per hat, another line of text can be added to the back. Is this still available? Thanks.

And what's with all this navy blue business. You all realize that it's not going to be the proper really really dark, looks like it's black to me if it's even navy at all navy, right?

Maybe I have a better camera than those other people.

The navy blue hats match the Prophecy era flight suits that people on the Eisen would have worn (along with blue duty uniforms of people in most games).

A Tarawa hat with "First to Kilrah" would be awsome.

Back