Hat Poll

Which ship would you like on a hat? Color?

• TCS Tiger's Claw

Votes: 26 42.6%
  • TCS Concordia

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • TCS Victory

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • BWS Intrepid

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • TCS Midway

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • TCS Cerberus

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • TCS Tarawa

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • TCS Princeton

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Navy

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • Black

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

Haliwali

Spaceman
What ship would you prefer. This is an addition to the other hat thread so here goes. Vote for color, too.

Who doesn't love the Concordia? I do of course, BUT, she is the ship from a major game. Having the hat picture a canonical but more obscure ship like Tarawa which was only officially seen on the cover of a novel would be considerably cooler in my opinion.

What class was the Tarawa. Anyway, I think it'd be better to use a ship we've actually served on. Just seems more fitting I think.

Neat. Almost looks like a Confederation class... but I'm still sticking with my idea of only using ships we flew off of. Still, it looks like the Tarawa is winning, so I'll go with the flw once we have a winner.

Have you read the novels? The Tarawa is the 'hero ship' from several of the books -- the equivalent of the Tiger's Claw or the Concordia for readers of fine pulp fiction.

Sadly, I haven't. Probably won't for a while either, too many things to read right now... World War Z, the Horus Heresy...

The TCS Firekka in Standoff is Eder's rendition of the Wake from the cover art image as well.

I'd have to vote for the Tarawa, I just don't love any carrier as much as I love the Tarawa. It gave such a human element to the story, it was almost like another character in the book.

EDIT:

If you're going to use poll results to judge purchasing power, you should include the price of the hats in this thread, not only in the other one, in case people miss the other thread.

I also voted for Tarawa because Bondarevsky is my favorite character, which reminds me after I finish my thesis this summer I've got to devote some time to finishing his WCPedia article.

I already have two Wing Commander hats that are Navy Blue, so I picked black just to be so incredibly emo like that.

The color is really secondary to having a Tarawa hat, though.

If you're going to use poll results to judge purchasing power, you should include the price of the hats in this thread, not only in the other one, in case people miss the other thread.

Looks like it would be approx $25 including delivery to your door barring any surprises when the actual order is made. Cheaper if we order 24+.

The TCS Firekka in Standoff is Eder's rendition of the Wake from the cover art image as well.

Would everyone agree that this would be an acceptably accurate side profile based on the cover art?

A Tiger's Claw hat actually already exists - it was the concept that started this whole ball rolling... it was given to crew members who worked on the Wing Commander movie.

Back