Harder to get better weapons/ships?

RZetlin

Spaceman
I notice that mining stations, agricultural worlds and refineries only sell the merchant ships.

I only found the Orion and Centurion on New Detriot.

Is this done on purpose?

I also can't find a station that sells the high grade weapons like the Tachyon and Plamsa gun and better radars like Hunter AW Infinity and B&S Omni.

Where are these items located?

It's done on purpose, as in the original Privateer.

Try Perry Naval Base for all the weapon upgrades needs. Buy your ships at New Detroit early in the game, as you've discovered.

The game is all about exploration and discovery .

The original Privateer does not limit purchases of equipment in this way. Only obscure bases lack ship dealers and equipment sales areas, and in those cases all ship related equipment is missing.

I want to repeat that, in the original Privateer, if a base had a ship dealer, it sold everything. So the Remake makes it harder in that not ever ship dealer may have the equipment you want. On the other side, it is a lot easier to make money. I think I went from a starting Tarsus to a fully loaded Centurion in less than an hour of playing. Mission payouts are a lot better in the remake and upgrades are cheaper.

--Brandon Young

I remember the weeks of hard work I spent to buy my first Centurion. Felt like I really earned it. After all that effort, it didn't really matter *where* I got it.

well we're working on mission payments--I too spent a long time in a tarsus... it's hard to get the balance right though

It is possible to fly any ship in the game with a little bit of file editing. I was flyiong a modifed kamekh yesterday and it was great fun. Here's how you do it.

1. Go to the folder \units

2.Open up the file units.csv (this best opened in Excel or some similar spreadsheet program)

3. Keep the existing window open and go to \privateer100\serialised_xml\[your prefered save game]

4.You will notice .csv files with the names of the ships that you have owned. Create a duplicate of one of them and open it up, then delete everything in it.

5. Go back to units.csv and copy and paste the top line and the line with the name of the ship you want. (e.g. the kamekh is on line 24 in excel)

6. Paste these into the duplicate .csv file that you made in step 4.

7. Rename the duplicate file to a name of your choice (I don't think spaces work though)

8. Open up the Saves folder in the "serialised_xml" directory. And open up the save file with the same name as the folder which contains the stuff in step 7.

9. Near the beginning, you will see the name of your current ship. Change the name of the ship to the filename that you renamed in step 7. (Don't include the file extension though).

10. Load up privateer and enjoy your new ship.

NB: You can alter everything about your ship in the .csv files. So you could make yourself invincible or give your self lots of cargo to sell (if you alter the cargo.csv file elsewhere then you can ensure you get maximum profit). Perfect if you are stuck or are a bit bored like I was.

Back