Happy Birthday from Chris Roberts (August 11, 2012)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
We're honored to have a birthday message from series creator Chris Roberts for the community:
Happy fourteenth birthday WC News! I tip my hat to Ben, Chris, Barrie, Brandon, Kris, Aaron and Jason for keeping the dream alive. I?m humbled that a world I created because I wanted to feel the dream of being a pilot flying a star fighter with a mission to save humanity connected with so many people and grew into something so much larger. A lot of talented people contributed to making the Wing Commander universe what it is today, and that includes the people at WC News and the fans that keep its spirit alive today despite there being no new commercial ?AAA? game for 14 years (sorry Arena isn?t a real WC ? it has to be first person 3D and cinematic!). To see the continued discussions, ships being modeled and even a full featured game being made is amazing. Enjoy this day and many more to come!

--
Original update published on August 11, 2012

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, from the man himself! Awesome that he was able to be part of the birthday celebrations... really sad I missed them! I think I heard somewhere that he was part of the IRC chat? Was any new info gleaned on this new "project" that Mr. Roberts is working on? Is it possibly a new Wing Commander game? I love that he still is so old school with wanting a new wing commander to be a first person space combat simulator. Here's hoping to another awesome year for the WC universe and the WC News team!

He did! He stopped by for over two hours last night to answer questions!

I think LOAF is cutting up the log right now for posting next week. There were some good gems in there!

Back