Gwen 'Archer' Bowman

Slightly related point: my neighbour was a stretcher bearer in WWII. He still doesn't talk much of the war, but it had to have been less emotionally stressing than being in the battle lines shooting fellow humans.

Seeing the result of what people do to eachother may well be far worse than actually doing it...

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Seeing the result of what people do to eachother may well be far worse than actually doing it...
Yeah, I'll bet shooting people is way more fun that carrying their mangled bodies around.

Another great WCA moral... 'Word of Honor' -- where we learn that all Kilrathi are evil and must be destroyed. <G>

Seeing the result of what people do to each other may well be far worse than actually doing it...
Originally posted by Frosty
Yeah, I'll bet shooting people is way more fun that carrying their mangled bodies around.
All right, all right. It's not my fault it's hard to get more than a couple of sentences about it from him.

Another great WCA moral... 'Word of Honor' -- where we learn that all Kilrathi are evil and must be destroyed. <G>

Perhaps one moral of that episode was something Blair was trying to flag, whether it was really correct to judge an entire race because of the actions of others of that species, and the prejudices that brutal war can create between different cultures.

Grunt: 'How can we ever make peace with someone like that? If you'd been with the marines on Repleetah, you'd know. The furballs are all the same.'

Blair: 'Humans aren't all alike. Maybe the Kilrathi aren't all like that one.'

Grunt: (laughs) 'There ain't no such thing as a good Kilrathi!'

I havent seen any indication of that. What gives you that impression if I might ask? The Roberts-Knight thing.

In WC1 he was made out to be this guy who was so-so at flying, so-so at gunning and really didn't care much about that. He also sucked compared to everyone else on the 'Claw!

In the movie he got annihilated while flying a Broadsword.

There's more but I'm too tired to think right now....

I can see the being killed flying the Broadsword but I just figured that his crappy flying in WC1 was just so that the game had a wide spectrum of pilots with varying degrees of skill.

I'd tend to agree, I'd kinda like to know why everyone says Roberts hates him, as I'm not really seein' it either. (I also saw it as just being a crappy pilot. :) )

Back