Greetings from a new Cadet

Moonsilver

Spaceman
Greetings one and all. I just wanted to introduce myself. I am a vetran fan of the Wing Commander series anddo to the fact my computer is way to advance to play the games I decided to check out places online for my WC fix.:) Well hope to talk to some of you soon.

Every game up to WC4 won't work on my comp, and WP, I can only get it to work so far. Movies are choppy and when you get so far into the game it just crashes the game itself. Whats UE though?

Howdy! Welcome to the board. I'm sure people at the tech support board can help you to get the old games running properly...

Someone got WC4 working under XP? Do tell!

I can't even get it work under Win98... (well, work properly. It works a lot better than it did under 2k).

It might not be XP that's at fault (wow, that's a first :)), WC4 can work easily on Win98 so it could just be your system. Have you tried the Win95 patch?

Welcome aboard, Moonsilver!

Us newbies ( and oldies that left and came back ) gotta stick together.

You're in good hands here. These are some of the best people I've met and talked to online.

Originally posted by Wedge009
It might not be XP that's at fault (wow, that's a first :)), WC4 can work easily on Win98 so it could just be your system. Have you tried the Win95 patch?

It's the DVD version :). It has to run under Win9x... Of course, it's probably the lack of proper playback devices that's the main problem... (but if it uses Direct3D, it would be nice to see how it plays rendering on a GeForce card :).)

Originally posted by Steelflight
Welcome aboard, Moonsilver!

Us newbies ( and oldies that left and came back ) gotta stick together.

You're in good hands here. These are some of the best people I've met and talked to online.

Stick together ? Ofcourse.Ranks doesnt mean anything.Newbie or not its the same thing,for me at least ;)

Yep it looks like a Bass

Once I eligable for a Custom Rank I may use my Valkyrie Mk I (Starfleet Fighter from Star Trek Invasion) :D

Back