Goodbye Origin

Sylvester said:
Damn, we've lost one of the Greatest Game Companies in history. They were part of the "Fabulous Trio" that made computer games in the 80's and 90's. The trio I am reffering to is Origin, Microprose (Who folded in 2001) and Interplay (Who someone owns."

Don't forget Bullfrog! I'd actually replace Interplay with Bullfrog. All 3 dead now :-((

I'd really like to see a remake of Wing Commanders I-IV, but I guess there's not much of a chance of that happening :/

Well, at the rate the mods are popping up, I'm sure we'll see re-makes of wc games pretty soon. Wasn't there already a wc1 remake in the works?

Be careful with that. If they play with "different timelines" it might not be very good for WCU.

Delance said:
Be careful with that. If they play with "different timelines" it might not be very good for WCU.

It's easy to predict the reactions of fanboys when confronted about their direction.

Their first step is that they can pull the "difference of opinion" get out of jail card and plea emotionally "We're WC fans just like you! We just have different opinions about what we think is right for WC!"

Their second is accuse the confronters of being close-minded intolerant bigots who are killing the WC community because they are so narrow-minded.

The third is a "We aren't Origin! We don't have to abide by them! We're an independent entity with our own agenda and timeline!!!!"

Crap like that makes me want to puke.

Nobody's suggesting that will actually happen.. we're only talking about it because it's a part of Command & Conquer.. which (since its very first sequel) has been playing with timelines and paradoxes set up by changes in history.

ChrisReid said:
Generals is a lot of freakin fun.. if Wing Commander went the same way as the C&C series did, I would be very happy.

C&C Generals: Rise of Zhing

I meant cinematics like they had before in the series. Where you had an indepth and more personal interaction with your comrades and superiors.
--not TV reporters being the only cinematic interaction--

Bandit LOAF said:
Wing Commander VII will begin with Casey going back in time to kill Hitler!

I thought it was Hitler going forward in time to kill Evil Lincoln.

Bandit LOAF said:
Wing Commander VII will begin with Casey going back in time to kill Hitler!

But wouldn't that transform the universe to the point where Blair is actually a Kilrathi? Gotta admit...playing all the WC games from the standpoint of the cats would be interesting

A race whos war with the Kilrathi lasted only a month or so, even though they were apparently more technologically advanced than the Kats. IIRC, the remaining Varni sought refuge within Confed borders.

C-ya

And, somehow, with the exceptions of posts asking legitimate questions about the Varni,this thread has taken a turn for the worst.

overmortal said:
And, somehow, with the exceptions of posts asking legitimate questions about the Varni,this thread has taken a turn for the worst.
Too bad that means about 2 posts out of 20, though. :p

Back