getting paid in privater

Back in the day they used to punish people for using options like that (G) You can't win a mission while Unlimited Ammo or Invulnerability is on.

That is one of the great features about priv...it made you earn your ride. It feels good to know you earned your credits honestly (well ok somewhat honestly)...

And even if you turn invul. or infinite ammo on during flight and off before landing, you lose the payment.

Great feature if you just wanted to fly somewhere, though. It's been a while since I played Privateer - can you buy and sell your cargo (so you fly for yourself) with invulnerability on? Or does it delete all the cargo you have in the hold upon landing?

Good question. I THINK you get to sell your cargo just fine... but that would be too easy. :s

Its been a while I believe you can sell your cargo but you only get what you paid for it... also, if you blow up cargo carriers with invul on they don't spew out cargo.

That's correct, you can't make money from cargo if invulnerability has been on.

The only point in the game where you can take advantage of the invulnerability option is when the Steltek Drone starts chasing you between when you find the gun and the mission where you're sent to destroy it... as long as you're not flying an assigned mission, you can turn on invulnerable so the drone can't kill you in random encounters.

Hmm, that's strange. When I first played Privateer, I got to the mission where I find the Steltek gun...however my Centurion was in poor order when I landed on the derelict (Radar almost gone, shields battered etc). So on the return trip I turned on invul...and then the Drone showed up. Well, I made it back to the asteroid base and the confed girl (Cross?) said I screwed it up? I could never make it back without the invul on and I didn't have another savegame to start over with. I eventually quit playing...(this was, of course, after spending several several months playing the game anyways. :) ).

The game may consider Steltek Base back to Cross to be part of that mission... *after* that, but before talking to Goodin, it should be fine.

Yeah...

I should have kept an extra save. Somehow I screwed up that mission to recon the nav point so I could evac that guy from the mercenary siege.

haha, believe me, I learned my lesson! Now I have problems sometimes because I save like non stop which can kinda ruin the game experience. Like go one minute, save, go another minute, save, go another 30 secs beat a toughie, save and so on...

Back