Gender?

Originally posted by Corsair(pilot)
Just a random thought... Are there ANY female Wingnuts?! it seems to me that most of the posters here fall under the testosterone column...

I'm female.

Originally posted by Tannim
Naw, it's cool. Not offended at all. But Loaf is right... just because we're female doesn't mean we want people drolling all over us, or being a pain in the ass.

Agreed

As for the jokes, no biggie LOL I'm a gamer... I'm used to being WAY outnumbered by the guys *grins* Besides they tend to underestimate us, and it can be a real advantage :D

Huge advantage. After one or two games though, they quickly put two and two together. They no longer underestimate me after that.

To be absolutely honest, I don't get underestinated often. I guess they correlate my videogaming ability with sports ability.

Actually when I did play computer or video games against my ex-husband, I kicked his sorry ass on a regular basis LOL LOL And he refused to play Armada after seeing how well I do at the other WC games.

Was he good at video games, or did he only play periodically?

Originally posted by Ripper
Concordia is supposedly a female, and can do stats far better than yours truly.

MMMMMmmmmmmm, Concordia! (Drool, drool!):p

*hands Ripper a towel*

Drooling isn't a flattering trait.

As for the stats, I have a photographic memory. This trait is not relegated to women however. I know this one guy for example who's like a human memory-archive. I told him for example as a joke, that my favorite number was 214,777,192. Months later, I was saying that my favorite number was 21. He then said "I thought it was two hundred fourteen million, seven-hundred, seventy-seven thousand, one hundred ninety two...". It took me a few seconds before I got it and then I was like "You d**chebag".

-Concordia

Re: Re: Gender?

-Concordia [/B][/QUOTE] Huge advantage. After one or two games though, they quickly put two and two together. They no longer underestimate me after that.

To be absolutely honest, I don't get underestinated often. I guess they correlate my videogaming ability with sports ability.

Lucky you *grins* But the guys I play with (and I've known them for years!) still have a tendency to assume that a girl being good at gaming is just being lucky lol Stupid them... *grins*

-Concordia [/B][/QUOTE] Was he good at video games, or did he only play periodically?

Actually he played games all the time (sometimes too much, and forgot there was more to life than sitting on his rear and staring at the monitor). He just really sucks at them *G* So he'd act all arrogant and say he was going to waste me every time we played, then throw a fit and keept demanding a rematch after I beat him. Very sore loser lol

Male

My sister played Wing Commander 1 all those years ago when it came out, she could not get more than a few missions into it though. But she got pretty good at Need For Speed 2 and 3, gave me a run for my money every now and then in split screen :p

I remember the first time I heard of Wing Commander. It was from a girl, who was a good friend of mine around the time the series hit it's peak. She got me my first WC game, Privateer. God Bless the female WingNuts.

Re: Re: Gender?

And he refused to play Armada after seeing how well I do at the other WC games.
That's a pity. WC couples are cool.

Originally posted by Concordia
As for the stats, I have a photographic memory.
I envy that. Does it always work though? And how can you chuck out bad or useless memories you don't want?

from Dictionary.com
gen·der ( P ) Pronunciation Key (jndr)
n.
1. Grammar.
snip
2. Sexual identity, especially in relation to society or culture.

a.The condition of being female or male; sex.
b. Females or males considered as a group: expressions used by one gender.

"I see!" said the blind man to his deaf dog, as he picked up his hammer and saw.

Originally posted by Corsair(pilot)
Wow... if that's your gender I'd hate to see your sexual preference!

Hey, you're not seeing any of my goodies. Now T.C. ........:D

Re: Re: Re: Gender?

Lucky you *grins* But the guys I play with (and I've known them for years!) still have a tendency to assume that a girl being good at gaming is just being lucky lol Stupid them... *grins*

That's why I said once or twice. See the ones that underestimate me; the first time, they think it's an freak accident, good luck, or beginners luck. The second time, they realize that it's just skill.

Actually he played games all the time (sometimes too much, and forgot there was more to life than sitting on his rear and staring at the monitor). He just really sucks at them *G* So he'd act all arrogant and say he was going to waste me every time we played, then throw a fit and keept demanding a rematch after I beat him. Very sore loser lol

But WC's such an easy game once you get the hang of it! I mean the flying part's so easy! Shooting's even easier.

As for the sore loser... perhaps he should ask you for tips :p

-Concordia

Originally posted by Preacher
Prob is, "apples and oranges":
"heterosexual" ain't a gender, it's an orientation/preference.

See... I've seen it used multiple ways... hence why I looked it up and posted it. The second definition (before the standard physical sex of a person, which is the third) is sexual identity, which certainly encompases one's sexual preference.

Back