Gemini Surplus Design or Kilrah’s Vega Sector Brawler? (May 15, 2023)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
We’re kicking things off this week with a new Lego fighter by John Nelson. The design is most commonly know as the Talon from Privateer. I can see some diversion in the shape of the wings, but overall a solid effort given the pieces at his disposal. And with a new Lego store (third party brick exchange stores are a thing now??), we’re likely to see more designs soon! You can see a recent photo of the rest of his fleet here. As a reminder, there are five “Talons” in the WC universe: 1: Unknown Ship (Privateer 2), 2: Reuse of the model for the Gratha (Super Wing Commander), 3: Church of Man Talon (Privateer), 4: Militia Talon (Privateer), 5: Pirate Talon (Privateer).

Well here’s what was probably my quickest build for a non Kilrathi fighter that can fit a mini figure. I found a new Lego store south of me and made a Militia Talon.

Pliers (would) say, "Just about every two bit hood or cash strapped police has these assembly line crates. Just make sure you got a good radar so you don’t shoot cops by accident."

--
Original update published on May 15, 2023

I’ll have to find some more of those swept back wing pieces to enlarge them. It pays to look at the source material more then once cause you can miss proportions that way.

And another look shows they don’t have one big conical thruster either. Gonna need to redesign the whole back half.

Back