Game Audio Player(GAP) question!

Karthik@KANE

Spaceman
I use this tool to listen to all of EAs and some Westwood games. My question, is there anyway to extract MP3s? I know it's impossible but I've noticed that GAP has a plugin directory in it. How do I insert a new plugin in order for it to understand MP3s?

Hm... Well, you can extract as WAVs (Save As .wav, convert using whatever utility you grab), which can be converted to MP3, but I somehow don't think this is the problem. If you want a plug-in for MP3s, you should contact the author of GAP, not us.
What game are you trying to extract from? (If it's Freelancer, here's a tip: Fire up the command-line-thingy, navigate to the music-directory, an' type this: copy *.wav *.mp3. Good to go.)

Well the game is called Chaser. One of the file contains a list of wav files and MP3. GAP can only find and play those WAV files not the MP3s.

Hm... Well, if you can't simply save the files and turn them into something coherent, you really should try to persuade the GAP-authors to make a MP3-plug-in. Or follow any steps to help. :) I think you need to supply them with the format's specification or some such.

Back