Game 4 Contestants

Ironduke

Spaceman
I'd like to start a new FFA (free for all) or Team FFA game. The problem is: I'll be away from May 5 to 19 (without access to the internet, let alone the time). Would you rather like to start a game and pause it - if necessary -, or start a new game afterwards?
Also, I'd like to know who would want to participate in this game. I'll restrict it to 4 players and light (Confed) to medium (Kilrathi) fighters, so I'd prefer some "rookies" for this one. :)

Count me in!:)
My claws hunger for the blood of apes!
I'd guess that if we start in a few days, it we could (with some luck and speed) be halfway through the game, maybe even finish it (toooooo optimistic) by the time you will have to go. I myself will away around 7-10th May

I'd be interested in playing, but I don't know if you'd consider me a 'rookie' and I'll happily bow out if you have 4 real rookies wanting in.

I have no problem starting now and pausing it.

That would be three players - one more and we're set. If no other new players show up, I think it's okay if we have "vets" in there. :p
We'll start as soon as all four slots are occupied. Oh, and as soon as you tell me what fighter you'd like to fly... You can choose between Epee, Ferret, Sartha and Drakhri. Weaker fighters will get a bonus to their pilot's skill level...
(And yes, there'll be asteroids.)

Sartha all the way :) ...and is it just me or is an Epee way better than Drakhri (better everything except shield recharge and hull)?

Yep, the Epee is slightly better than the Drakhri. Actually, all Confed fighters are superior - that's why I have to rebalance the point costs sometime...

Playing as the Kilrathi right now, I definitely feel the fact that the confed fighters are way superior. I'm flying a 'heavy fighter' and I'm WAY out manoeuvred and no where near as versatile as a rapier, which is a 'medium' fighter! I have few chaff pods, and while I have a rear turret, I'll need to reserve it for point defence! My missiles take 2 turns to lock (although will be deadly if they do) but I only have one dumbfire? In a one on one versus a rapier, it'll win, simply because it can dance out of range and fire multiple 'fire and forget' missiles (FF, HS, DF) while shelton sliding around me! Now, I'm not complaining, per se, but I'm just agreeing with the confed weapon superiority!

I think it's great we're all experiencing the frustration those poor Kilrathi feel when going against the Terrans since WC 2. :)

No, really, I think it's all clear that the Kilrathi ships are severely underpowered when compared to the Terrans. Question is, how to resolve it: by improving the ship stats or by giving the Kilrathi way superior numbers?

I'm still hesitant to touch the fighter stats. It's not that I haven't changed some of the stats before to fit WCTO's needs... I'd just rather like to see the Kilrathi employ more fighters (at a lower point cost) to even out the odds. I also intend to give the Kilrathi better piloting skills in the upcoming FFA game to see how it works out. Of course, this problem arises only when playing against real "enemies" - in an AI game or a game where the host takes control of the "bad guys" you can easily tweak such issues. ;)

To sum it up: We'll have Avacar, Humungus and Pip in Game 4, with Humungus flying a Sartha. If no one else registers (and it seems likely), then we'll have a 3 player match. I still need to know what fighter Avacar and Pip want to command - after that, I'll decide if any bonuses/penalties need to be applied and start the game.

I'll fly confed again. Means I'm limited to light fighters, right? I think I'll try to earn my quals on an Epee.

@Guilherme: Of course you may join!

Okay, so it's Avacar/Epee, Guilherme/Epee, Humungus/Sartha and Pip/???. And the Sartha pilot(s) will receive a bonus to his/their pilot skill when going against Epees.

Back