Game 005 Comment Thread

All right, so Iceblade will join in turn 5. :)
I've sent out emails already, but just to be sure: Humungus banked left in turn 4, not right. Which means his lasers are actually perfectly in range to fire at QuailPilot...

To clarify against previous games, since you don't seem to be implementing 'phases' as you used to with this one, QuailPilot will actually fire during the combat phase of turn 4, right?
(I've sent you my turn 5 orders already, however, just in case)

I actually do use different turn phases, but only internally. Since we don't use missiles and decoys anyway, I thought adding explicit phases would just slow down the game unnecessarily. And in case I haven't said it before: Whenever you're planning your next turn, this is the (new) order of events:

1. Firing guns (current positions as shown in the turn)
2. Movement for the next turn (including tailing, if applicable)

Shield recharge will still happen automatically at the end of the turn, of course.

Turn 5 is online.
- Avacar successfully performs a Burnout maneuver (TR 4+)
- Humungus decelerates to 2
- Panda decelerates to speed 2
- QuailPilot maintains speed, banks 1 left
- Humungus fires 4 laser cannons at QuailPilot (TR 5+), hitting 8 out of 12 times for 16 points of damage
- QuailPilot's shields recharge 4 points
- Iceblade joins the game

Turn 6 is online.
- Avacar maintains speed 4
- Humungus accelerates to 3, turns 1 left
- Iceblade accelerates to 5, turns 1 left
- Panda maintains speed 2, turns 1 right
- QuailPilot fails to perform an Immelman turn (TR 6+)
- Avacar fails to tail Panda

Turn 7 is online.
- Avacar opportunity fires 2 particle cannons at Panda (TR 5+), hitting 2 out of 2 times for 10 points of damage
- Avacar opportunity fires 2 mass driver cannons at Panda (TR 5+), hitting 1 out of 2 times for 3 points of damage
- Panda fires aft turret at Avacar (TR 6+), hitting 1 out of 4 times for 5 points of damage
- Avacar decelerates to 3, turns 1 right
- Humungus engages afterburners, turns 1 left
- Iceblade maintains speed and course
- Panda maintains speed 2, turns 1 left
- QuailPilot maintains speed 3, turns 1 left
- Avacar's shields recharge 4 points
- Panda's shields recharge 5 points

Turn 8 is online. (Direct link)
- Avacar opportunity fires 2 particle cannons at Panda (TR 5+), hitting 2 out of 2 times for 10 points of damage
- Avacar opportunity fires 2 mass driver cannons at Panda (TR 5+), hitting 2 out of 2 times for 6 points of damage
- Panda fires port turret at Avacar (TR 6+), hitting 3 out of 4 times for 15 points of damage
- Panda fires aft turret at Avacar (TR 6+), hitting 3 out of 4 times for 15 points of damage
- Avacar decelerates to 1, turns 1 left
- Humungus maintains speed 3, banks 1 left
- Iceblade decelerates to 2
- Panda maintains speed 2, turns 1 right
- QuailPilot decelerates to 1

Fire away! :p

Ironduke: cancel the orders I sent you (movement wise) it looks like you forgot to turn Panda right 1.

Those turrets HURT.

Which, by the way, Iceblade, is *not* the way the previous games (or the rule book) explains how the game runs. We're just running this particular game on a reduced rule set.

Also watch out for another simplifcation on this game: that distance isn't factored in (assuming you're in range at all) to the success of a shot, so if you're 4 squares away or point blank, you'll be equally likely to hit.

Argh, I think I remember why I gave up hosting games...! :rolleyes:
Turn 8 is corrected now - hit F5 if you don't see Panda's actual position. And yes, I guess that means we'll finally see what a Jalkehi can do to a target in its sights. :p

Sorry guys! Seems the price of playing WCTO is the same as that of freedom: eternal vigilance. :p

You're doing a great job Ironduke, we don't mind catching minor update issues!

My new orders are now in (if that was the hold up).

Thanks, Avacar! I'll do my best... ;)
And yes, I was waiting for your orders - along with QuailPilot's. Both are in now, so I'm uploading the new turn right now (see next post :p).

Turn 9 is online. (Direct link)
- Avacar opportunity fires 2 mass driver cannons at Panda (TR 5+), hitting 1 out of 2 times for 3 points of damage
- Humungus fires 1 particle cannon at Panda (TR 4+), hitting 0 out of 2 times for 0 points of damage
- Humungus fires 4 laser cannons at Panda (TR 4+), hitting 9 out of 12 times for 18 points of damage
- Iceblade fires 2 particle cannons at QuailPilot (TR 5+), hitting 1 out of 4 times for 5 points of damage
- Iceblade fires 2 laser cannons at QuailPilot (TR 5+), hitting 4 out of 6 times for 8 points of damage
- Panda fires aft turret at Avacar (TR 6+), hitting 3 out of 4 times for 15 points of damage
- QuailPilot fires 2 particle cannons at Iceblade (TR 8+), hitting 3 out of 4 times for 15 points of damage
- Avacar maintains speed 1, turns 1 right
- Avacar successfully performs a barrel roll (TR 4+)
- Humungus decelerates to 2, banks 1 right
- Iceblade accelerates to 4, turns 1 left
- Panda accelerates to 3, turns 1 left
- QuailPilot accelerates to 4
- QuailPilot successfully performs a barrel roll (TR 4+)
- Iceblade's shields recharge 4 points

Both Avacar and QuailPilot have their TR raised by 2 for the duration of this turn, but also get a +2 penalty when attacking others.

Turn 9 is online. (Direct link)

Both Avacar and QuailPilot have their TR raised by 2 for the duration of this turn, but also get a +2 penalty when attacking others.

Just to clarify, is the barrel roll affecting the turn we're about to send you, or the turn 9 we just worked out? I had expected it to affect turn 9 (don't know what QuailPilot thought). Don't mind if it affects my turn 10 orders, but I'll keep in mind I need to pre-order barrel rolls in the future then.

I say this because it doesn't look like my TR had been raised that past turn at all.

Looking at these games, I think you really, really need to add some way of visualising gunfire and such. It would be great to be able to watch a game turn-by-turn without the need to check this thread for information about what's actually going on out there.

Back