Galaxy jump drive

Thanks for your help, is it possible to buy a colored radar ( green - good red - bad) anywere?

It looks like I have to go exploring!

I agree with JKeefe, mostly, in that you should buy the maps in game. However, that said, I am a paper kind of guy, and I like to have something I can print out and stick to the wall.

Yes, it is possible to buy a RADAR that has colors. Not sure where you can pick one up tho.

My Gemini sector map is up. This one is done from screenshots of the complete in-game map. Factions however, are NOT on this map (that is up to you to figure out). It lives at: [ http://home.comcast.net/~thehawk-news/gemini/ ]. It is designed to be printed on 11x17 Landscape (or on two pieces of standard 8.5x11 Portrait and taped together). It prints better if you grab the CC2 files and viewer, but the *.png is not too terribly bad.

-thehawk

The military has the best equipment, so I recommend buying military surplus to outfit your ship. Go to Perry Naval base to pick up the best scanners and weapons.

I actually found no need to buy maps at the software booth. When taking missions, the nav course is programmed in to your computer, so it tells you what jumps to take at each step of the journey, even though I didn't buy the maps, the jump points were all labeled anyway, so I could easily find my way. As I went to each system, the ship's computer built the map for me.

Just take lots of cargo missions to various different systems and you'll eventually map out all of the important systems.

--Brandon Young

For radar that has color, check the descriptions at the bottom of the screen. If it says that it has friend/foe distinction capabilities, it means it has color. The other feature that becomes important later is ITTS, which gives you a reticle on the HUD that leads the enemy ships, so you shoot at the reticle rather than at the plane and get better chances to hit the enemy ship, provided it doesn't change directions before the bolts reach it. The best radar IMO is the B&S Omni, but it's rather pricey. That said, I usually give a B&S Omni purchase top priority. No use in getting the most expensive guns if you can't hit your enemies with them. But you need to go to Perry or New Detroit to get an Omni.

Back