Galaxy jump drive

legolas

Spaceman
I bought a Galaxy starship and now I cant buy jump drive for it. Do I have to go to another place to get it, or do I have to buy somthing before the jump drive?

Thanks

There may be no jump drive for sale at the base you are on. Try flying to another base to see if there is one available.

If you wish, you can sell the jump drive from your previous ship, then buy it back for your new ship. If you have not sold your old ship, it is available in the Ship Dealer, under "My Fleet".

well I suppose its possible you bought it in a system that doesn't sell them? maybe? probably not...anyway...
If you bought a milspec it already has it, try going to a jump point and jumping.

To answer your question Asciiman I hae 24,000 after I bought the ship. whats a milspec.

I,m sorry, I,m pretty new to the game

milspec = military specifications

In other words it is not upgradeable or very little can be upgraded. It is cheaper in the long run, but with very little customization. It is entirely possible you did buy one of these, and if you did, then the Jump Drive should already be in it.

Now that being said, if you have a save before you bought the ship, reload it, and head to like, New Detroit. There, go and buy a STOCK galaxy, and upgrade as you see fit. Don't forget to buy a new radar and sector maps.

From what you describe I'd bet you did buy a Milspec version of a galaxy.

Hellcat: I still recommend the .stock option (no we're not talking finance). I tried it in WCU and it makes life a TON easier coz it gets rid of a bunch of small bugs. Still messing with CVS and I want to have all the ship done on the next update. Did you get my pm(s)?

So, If the milspec version is going away, what will that do to my savegame where I am using a milspec centurion? Will it corrupt my savegame if the milspec ship is no longer defined by the game? Will I have to start over from the beginning? Or do I just buy a second centurion that is stock, transfer my upgrades, and sell my milspec version before updating to the new version of the game when you release it?

Can I even have a stock centurion and a milspec version to pull off the trade? I thought there was some issues with trying to have more than one of each type of ship.

--Brandon Young

Wheres New Detroit. I do not Know which jumps to take to get there. Is tere a place on the internet I can print maps

The quickest route is probably:
Troy -> Pender's Star
Pender's Star -> Junction
Junction -> New Constantinople
New COnstantinople -> New Detroit

If you have not bought the quadrant maps yet, I suggest you make that one of your next things.

If I get done with the other things I need to today, I will post my Gemini sector map I made from screenshots of the in-game map.

-thehawk

Please tell me your map is nice and pritable. and also you didn't make the troy to pollux mistake like so many other maps make.

My map is nice and printable. And I did not make the Troy to Pollux mistake like so many other maps make.

Heh. No, for real, it is.

legolas said:
Wheres New Detroit. I do not Know which jumps to take to get there. Is tere a place on the internet I can print maps
I suggest you buy maps in game. The Privateer flying around in space has no internet with which to connect. :)

Go into the ship dealer, then enter the upgrades room, then enter the software booth. Maps are available for purchase there.

Back