Gaia New Frontiers

Michael Paul Cottam

Space Marshal
I’m starting this new thread as a base for all things related to our new Space Sim:

Gaia – New Frontiers.

I will be giving Wing Commander CIC the first viewings as the game comes to light.

Our project will be a new way to play games and will change the way you play games forever.
I hope you will follow us over the next few months.

Watch this SPACE!

Regards,

Michael Cottam
Project Lead and Art Director

Our project will be a new way to play games and will change the way you play games forever.

That's a bold claim. Curious just how revolutionary this will be and it's not the first time I've heard those words quoted from other game developers. Hope the hype measures up. Not saying I suffer from a lack of confidence in your team's abilities just these days I tend to not count my chickens before they hatch, after the disaster that was SWTOR.

Looking forward to your work.

PS
Please keep it away from Facebook past advertising. No game on this Earth will ever force me to create a "fakebook". Zuckerburg will never have my personal info as God as my witness.

That sounds really great. I'm always curious about the new and interesting ways of playing games, indie scene surprises me all the time with those, I hope you will accomplish that as well.

ship.jpg

Here is a first look at what I'm working on. It's one of three concept pieces for this model and shows the rear of a cargo ship. I will post the finished model next month.

The ship will be for our new game "Gaia - New Frontiers". The model is extremely detailed with all it's cabins, engine rooms, a the bridge modelled in high detail.

Are you allowed to show any images of the ship yet? Really interested in seeing some 3D!

Has the project been scrapped? Its been 3 months since you promised us an image of the ship. Failing to keep promises like that this early on won't really go down well with the community you're trying to build, especially on Kickstarter.

I did some googling and can't find a website/blog or any mention what-so-ever about "Gaia: New Frontiers" or the company "Gaia Games", is this the sole place you are promoting your "game"?

I have never really been fussed on people plugging their own projects on a forum that doesn't belong to them.

To be super critical, if you are trying to compete with Star Citizen, you need to be matching or surpassing their artwork - that badly coloured "concept" you posted is not up there in comparison to the standards of today's games - it looks like a lego or playmobil toy, but I don't know if that's what you're aiming for...

Having said all that, I might be put in my place if you or any of your team post up some progress work that blows us away.
(Claiming "Our project will be a new way to play games and will change the way you play games forever" is a bit of a bold statement and you are going to need a heck of a lot of proof to back that up)

Sorry to be over critical, I just want to see more super successful space games
Good Luck!

originlife has made some extremely good points..

However judging by the lack of reply in the last 2 weeks to our comments, or the lack of any posts what-so-ever since early July, coupled with the fact that I can't find any information about this game anywhere else, I can only assume the game has been scrapped? Or at best put on hold?

I find it very strange how you tried to build up your online presence on this forum very quickly, just to publicise your new game, only to break your promises immediately.

Very hard to look forward to something that will 'change the way I play games forever' when it seems like already you are unable to keep to your word.

Erin Roberts at his studio in Manchester is producing the Squadron 42 campaign for Star Citizen. So you do have a chance to see what a UK studio can do. Since they beat 29 million, it promises to be big.

Disappointed with Mr. Cottam's claims. I do hope the man is alright.

Erin Roberts at his studio in Manchester is producing the Squadron 42 campaign for Star Citizen. So you do have a chance to see what a UK studio can do. Since they beat 29 million, it promises to be big.

Disappointed with Mr. Cottam's claims. I do hope the man is alright.

Oh this is fantastic news! I've loved some of the art that Star Citizen have been putting out, so to hear they're also developing one of the campaigns with a UK team is great!

I will do some searching and see what I can find on it, thank you for the information Whistler.

Back