Future of WC

Jumper

Rear Admiral
Fellow WC Fans,

The future of WC is in our hands.

So what do we do with it?

I've seen fan projects come and go, Unknown Enemy, the Fan Movie, and lots of WC mods.

Recently I came up with the idea of making a fan WC Movie using the yet-incomplete WC mod for Homeworld..use TV-out to capture a carefully planned MP battle and add narration to create a short movie. Any thoughts there? Also, we could use pretty much any other game for this project..Starlancer, WCP, whatever. Definatly potential there.

The WCESCRP presses on, with sigs past 400 and the letter in draft phase.

WCDC and WingEd are chugging along.

We need to commit to these and other current fan projects, to ensure that they ARE completed. With the death of POL, this is a make-or-break time for the WC community. It's always been a healty online community, but I see more and more people moving to other games, and less and less constructive talk about WC... Lots of idle "what if" bot nothing about what we really can do next..

Any ideas on the Future of WC are welcome.

You have some nice dreams.

A lot of these prjects are almost complete (or so have I heard), and I would like to join you movie idea once I get a faster connection.
smile.gif

------------------
Meson

Wing Commander is more than just a game. It is a lifestyle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I need a vid card with a TV-out, but I'm sure I can find someone who has one to work with. Good thing is it could be done as a VHS even, as long as we didn't sell is commercially or anything..

Dammit, I'm really gonna have to sit down and finish the story for UE. It's rather annoying how people insist on using it as an example of a failed project.

Quarto said:
Dammit, I'm really gonna have to sit down and finish the story for UE. It's rather annoying how people insist on using it as an example of a failed project.

It didn't fail, it just sort of..stopped. A while back Pedro posted on here somewhere about finishing it, possibly as a smaller mod then originally planned. Personally, I'd like to see the things that were done released as a resource for other modmakers.

Question... what the hell is up with this letter? You've been saying that a letter is being prepared for, like, months... it takes ten minutes to write, proof, package and mail a letter. And you have a team of 400 people. You could have sent thousands of letters by now. Are you having trouble raising the money? Because i'd be willing to chip in on the 33 cents it'll cost to send this amazing letter...

Bandit LOAF said:
Question... what the hell is up with this letter? You've been saying that a letter is being prepared for, like, months... it takes ten minutes to write, proof, package and mail a letter. And you have a team of 400 people. You could have sent thousands of letters by now. Are you having trouble raising the money? Because i'd be willing to chip in on the 33 cents it'll cost to send this amazing letter...

The letter will be sent. Money would be nice, but I think I can spare 33 cents... Or the online time needed to send it e-mail.
smile.gif

It's just a matter of getting the last 100 sigs to meet 500 before it's sent

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose I should point out that we DON'T have a TEAM of 400 people. We have 400 signatures - and that's different.
Also, we did say that we're going to try and get 500 signatures first. And the only reason that we haven't been posting lately to get more sigs is because we all seem to have a lot of work to do lately. In a week or two, we'll hopefully be able to get back to this, and finish it once and for all.

Quarto said:
I suppose I should point out that we DON'T have a TEAM of 400 people. We have 400 signatures - and that's different.
Also, we did say that we're going to try and get 500 signatures first. And the only reason that we haven't been posting lately to get more sigs is because we all seem to have a lot of work to do lately. In a week or two, we'll hopefully be able to get back to this, and finish it once and for all.

Exactly. Although if we are successful, working out the deal for the source might take a little while.

Back