Freelancer

Nightstalker

Spaceman
Has anybody made any wing commander fighters for freelancer or is anybody in the process of doing so I think it would be really cool to be able to buy a ship like a dragon or an excalibur in freelancer if anybody knows of or has made any of these could you please let me know? thanks

We've made a hell of a lot of ships, but no Dragon or Excalibur ... yet. I've been meaning to package up what we've got so far for a general release sometime. Give me about the weekend to work the kinks out.

The good ships (i.e., I didn't do them)

- Centurion (Stannum)
- Vindicator (Tolwyn)
- Hellcat (Tolwyn)
- Crossbow (Tolwyn)
- Hornet (Tolwyn)
- Thunderbolt (Tolwyn)

In-game, but texture-less or otherwise screwy:

- Stiletto
- Bearcat
- Talon
- Gothri
- Broadsword
- Demon
- Epee
- Ferret
- Arrow
- Scimitar
- Jalthi

Planned:

- Banshee (me)
- Rapier (Tolwyn)
- Orion (Stannum)
- Tarsus (me/Stannum)
- Galaxy (me/Stannum)
- Dralthi (me/DMJC)

@Bob: for most of the named ships I do have a model :D The problem with the Bearcat may become the fact that it has a bunch of textures :( I'll have to take a look at it...

Update: Bob, the Hellcat was converted by Captain Eisen... I do not want credit for the work I haven't done

Oh, I've done the Bearcat ... the textures are screwy, but other than that it seems fine. I need someone for the Rapier, Banshee and Razor ... are you my man?

To the best of my knowledge, there is yet no way to convert capships, though I have stats worked out if and when we do.

Just to let you know, I've bundled up what I've got here Unzip it to your Freelancer directory, or your mod directory if you use a mod loader.

Not all of the stuff (even what's supposed to be in there) is in yet, and I'm going to be making tweaks over the next couple of days. Keep in mind that even with the update, the mod is nowhere near being even started. It should, however, give you a small taste of what the general product is hoped to be.

Oh, and please don't update the CIC on this; I'm trying to get as little exposure as possible right now.

when i click on your link i just get the message that says We're sorry, but this page is currently unavailable for viewing.
If this site belongs to you, please read this help page for more information and assistance. can you please help?

There must have been some upload problem - just as well, since I want to tweak a few more things first.

FLMM

Is there any way to get that ship pack to work with FLMM i tried putting it in the folder but it gave me the message that access to centurion.cmp was denied

There's a very, very easy way to do that - go into the DATA\SHIPS directory and move all the folders and *.mat files into the Freelancer directory. Then leave the rest in the FLMM folder.

I admit that I had some problems even after that, so I just installed it over my copy of Freelancer, where it exists today.

The most recent version is here: http://bobmcdob.homestead.com/files/happyman.zip

Back