Freelancer Questions Thread

It's been brought to my attention, that many of these questions beign asked on this thread have already been answered on many sites, like the Lancersreactor.com , So it may be in Loaf's best intrest to check out other Site to make sure that he dosen't ask questions that have already been answered, and look foolish. Please don't take this the wrong way Loaf

um...

How about some general system requirements for the game.... I know they won't have the final release number but just a general idea would be nice because I want to know how much I should invest in graphic / sound cards next year heh.

Originally posted by Ghost
Why not *With you* there is only one letter more and a space.
"Witchu" is the phonetic spelling; it's spelled the way it sounds coming out. Like quoting a guy from Brooklyn saying "fuggetaboudit!"...

Picky, picky... ::shakes his head::

Originally posted by Jumper
Call me old-fashoned, but the no-joystick thing still bugs me.

For me it's not so much that it doesn't support a joystick.. I played through almost all the Wing Commander games originally without one.. But just the non-traditional space sim thing is freaky. It has the potential to go either way.

Originally posted by Preacher
"Witchu" is the phonetic spelling; it's spelled the way it sounds coming out. Like quoting a guy from Brooklyn saying "fuggetaboudit!"...

Picky, picky... ::shakes his head::

I know that is the phonetc spelling, still you don´t make your point more valid (specially with prvious posts)

Picky,Picky...hehe

You are one of the guys here, who makes ass remarks about foreigners (specially non-english language countries), when they write with bad grammar/spelling or some other language problems.

...You are one of the guys here, who makes ass remarks about foreigners (specially non-english language countries), when they write with bad grammar/spelling or some other language problems.

Not exactly. FYI: Actually, most of the language/spelling gaffes I see here (esp. the funniest ones), not to mention elsewhere, are by native English speakers. You can usually tell when someone is a non-native writer of English. I try to stay away from pouncing on those, unless they're just too funny to resist.

Basically, I just try to have fun with the language. As I've noted elsewhere, English is really kind of a ridiculous language, when you think about it: It's made up of a mishmash of other languages, and there are so many nonstandard ways of spelling things, conjugating verbs, etc., that it's almost as if there are no real rules. That's why English is the hardest language for the aforementioned foreign speakers to learn as a second language. Having learned Spanish myself, I can really appreciate how "normal" other languages are compared to English.

You are wrong

In this thread you make fun of TCSTiger Claw a greek guy, and i won´t search through the CZ to search more,just remembered this one.

And English being the hardest language for a foreigner to learn...boy i can give you many examples of languages harder than english...just begin with the ones that doesn´t have a Latin alphabet.

Originally posted by Jumper
Call me old-fashoned, but the no-joystick thing still bugs me.

I promise you one thing: If a joystick is a good way to fly the game (which we don't know yet - I'd not use a stick for a modern First Person Shooter) then someone will make a joystick hack.
And if noone does I will ;)

:( I must agree with Ghost.Emglish is not a hard Language.I make lots of mistakes when Im in a hurry.

Just dont make fun of me or anyone else, cause it pisses me of.
Its very annoying. :(

I congratulate Ghost and guys like Ghost

You are wrong

In this thread you make fun of TCSTiger Claw a greek guy...
I had a whopping 3 relevant posts in that thread, and I remind you of the clause in my last post "...unless they're too funny to resist"...
"Fanny", "Maneur"? C'mon; this one was just too good to pass up. FYI, I only picked up on it after others' posts had drawn my attention to it.

And English being the hardest language for a foreigner to learn...boy i can give you many examples of languages harder than english...just begin with the ones that doesn´t have a Latin alphabet.
Point taken about those languages without a Latin alphabet.
However, I have consistently heard/read from several foreign (multilingual) folks and, for that matter, linguists themselves, that English is the hardest "major" language to pick up as a 2nd language.

Originally posted by cff
...then someone will make a joystick hack.
And if noone does I will ;)
Really? How exactly would you do that?

It's probably a non-issue; my understanding is that Freelancer is designed so that directly controlling your ship with a joystick is not the best way to play the game.

Originally posted by Preacher
Point taken about those languages without a Latin alphabet.
However, I have consistently heard/read from several foreign (multilingual) folks and, for that matter, linguists themselves, that English is the hardest "major" language to pick up as a 2nd language.
And apparently, the important threads are the hardest ones to keep on-topic :(.

How interactive will the storyline in Freelancer be? As I understand it, there's a storyline hidden underneath all that freedom of movement... will this storyline be always the same, or can it also be altered by the player's actions?

Back