Freelancer porting of Wing Commander ships

Hey L.I.F. I've managed to put some time in and I played from start into L2, 2nd/3rd mission where you disable the Arrow's engines and then after Colorado trackor in that pod.

The game is running fine without any crasched but I have problems with (voice audio) sometimes when King or Juni talks it's just silent then later it comes back again, at first on installation I had no music or speech (voice) after some codec's and installing fraunhofer audio codec, all audio worked but only to loose the voice audio ingame at times, very annoing since there aren't any subtitles.

the game feels nice now and the ships are great !
cheers

Huh, now that's a new problem for me. I haven't touched anything related to the speeches or music, so I don't know what to modify or tinker.

BTW, I'm working with @NextYearInKilrah to solve bugs he finds, and here's a link to my hotfix folder. Whenever I solve a bug, I fix the main mod folder, and add the corrective to the hotfix one, so that you should be alright with checking that hotfix and overwriting the mod with its contents once in a while to remain on top of things rather than redownloading the entire mod.

oh no, I did that, when I launch into space, as soon as you see the cockpit (flying around in space) it chashes out, the screen goes into window mode (smaller windows) screen and then it stops, makes black screen and crashes back to windows, I'll revert back to pre-install, luckily I back-up all the game folders.

oh no, I did that, when I launch into space, as soon as you see the cockpit (flying around in space) it chashes out, the screen goes into window mode (smaller windows) screen and then it stops, makes black screen and crashes back to windows, I'll revert back to pre-install, luckily I back-up all the game folders.
Argh. Sorry to hear that, mate.

does not make sense, I tried a pre-saved game, does the same.

when I install the lastest mod.2 it also bombs out, I'm still on your pre-release, it was abit smaller, around 280mb (works 100's except to dialogue audio in space that cut's out from time to time)

1573996683333.png

does not make sense, I tried a pre-saved game, does the same.

when I install the lastest mod.2 it also bombs out, I'm still on your pre-release, it was abit smaller, around 280mb

View attachment 10954
The hell? Plus, the way your texts are displayed is pretty weird overall. So, it crashes after loading... Can you send me the save game that you used? Though, keep in mind most of the equipment was changed, so it can cause trouble.

another thing, when I use the new exe I get this ? what the hell ? can I get past ?

I might have ran the older exe on the hotfix, my fault, but with new exe, check this ??

Last edited:
another thing, when I use the new exe I get this ? what the hell ? can I get past ?

View attachment 10955
Ah, yes. Windows recognizes that I edited the .exe and it weirds it out. You can use the original .exe if you want, but you'll have line of sight issues, fighters disappearing at range. You can tell the computer to override that security otherwise. If you want, I can tell you what I edited and how to edit your original .exe so you can make your own.

ok, I disabled the windows security setting, the game runs and I can load a mission but as-soon I get into space it bombs out again,

maybe I'm using the wrong mod ver. release, I want to check something, I'll get back

Hey bro, mistake on my side, I got it working, I applied the Hotfix to the wrong release(mod)

it's working, I'll continue playing and give more feedback, all good ! :)

Hey bro, mistake on my side, I got it working, I applied the Hotfix to the wrong release(mod)

it's working, I'll continue playing and give more feedback, all good ! :)
XD

Yeah, I can imagine how it'd mess with everything, yes. OK, back in business, then. Apparently, one of the issues that has yet to be understood and fixed is related to using trade lanes to go to carriers, it seems to trigger CTD from time to time, but I can't find why.

whahaha, yeah, especially if I were away for awhile and need to catch up.

Just to make sure on new install ?
when starting from scratch, I install Freelancer and apply the latest mod.release ? then the hotfix with new exe to exe folder? am I missing something ?

whahaha, yeah, especially if I were away for awhile and need to catch up.

Just to make sure on new install ?
when starting from scratch, I install Freelancer and apply the latest mod.release ? then the hotfix with new exe to exe folder? am I missing something ?
If you're doing a new install and just downloaded the latest release, the hotfix isn't needed, it's already part of the release. It's there to save you the hassle of downloading 1 GB of models and textures again for a couple MB of corrections in text files done as part of the bug hunt process.

I meant from where do I download the latest release, you mentioned it already includes the Hotfix

it sounds easier just using the latest beta and add the hotfix,

Back