Foreign Minister Jamison

CT25

Captain
It's been a while since I read Fleet Action.

Did Minister Jamison ever actually express regret at what she did? I remember she tried to betray Confed because she thought the Kilrathi had her son but IIRC she seemed to do what she did rather easily. I would have expected something like "I didn't want to betray humanity, but I had to for my son".

From what I remember, the President tells her she'll be investigated for spying on the Confederation and she's been removed from office. She tells him "I'll see you in Hell" (or the like) and then walks out of the office, never to be heard from again.

From what I remember, the President tells her she'll be investigated for spying on the Confederation and she's been removed from office. She tells him "I'll see you in Hell" (or the like) and then walks out of the office, never to be heard from again.

So basically she felt nothing about what she did?

It might have made it a better character if she would have at least found what she "had" to do distasteful.

If I recall correctly, there is a mention later, after she is "fired", where she is taking some kind of legal action against the President. So she continued to do her best to cause problems and disrupt the process. But we never see her "on screen" again, and I don't recall any regret from her.

If I recall correctly, there is a mention later, after she is "fired", where she is taking some kind of legal action against the President. So she continued to do her best to cause problems and disrupt the process. But we never see her "on screen" again, and I don't recall any regret from her.

We're told she refuses to step down after the new president names a new foreign minister and that she accuses the military of conspiring to restart the war (which ultimately delays a new formal declaration of war.) That all happens BEFORE the Kilrathi actually attack, so we can't say for sure that she continued to sing that tune when faced with reality. (Though I could certainly see someone in that position genuinely believing that they're still doing the right thing, and that the military did intentionally restart the war and bring the wrath of the Kilrathi down upon them.)

Thank you all for your responses.

I just think the character might have been a little more three dimensional if she had some problem with what she "had" to do for her son.

Back