Flash

Maveric

Spaceman

I just read in the Encyclopedia that Leiutenant Jace Dillon (aka Flash) died. Does anyone know when this was and/or how?

And has anyone else seen the film Stealth that the actor Josh Lucas (who plays Flash in WC III) is in? A very cool film for all us WC fans!:)

Sorry I don't know about the Lancelot Flight, do you know the details of it?

Wouldn't be surprised if he was killed for his hot dogging!

The Lancelot Flight is the mission that delivered the Temblor Bomb to Kilrah destroying the planet, thus ending the war in victory. If you've played WC3, it's the final mission.

I recently played WCIII again, and remembered him saying (just before I never see him again) "Well Colonel, I wish I could say it's been fun . . ."

Oh yeah, sorry. I forgot he was a Major.
Doesn't he say that line when you lose the fight against him or if you refuse to take the challenge?
I do have WC III and had Flash as one of my wingmen for the final mission, but I don't remember being told that he dies. Are we told that he dies later on after the game?
(Thanks for the history of it btw guys!)

No, I believe that in the novel Flash was killed in Delius System, on page 252, right after Thrakhath's "Heart of the Tiger" message.

In the novel just about all the wingmen end up dying by the end of WC3. I tried to feel sad when Flint died, but I just didn't.

I remember feeling really bad the first time I played WC3 and Vaquero died. Now he plays his guitar in the cantina in the sky...

Ariel is correct (though, I was double-wrong, since as someone else pointed out it's *Delius* where Flash dies in the novel.)

Poor Flash. Had a short, yet ironic fitting career as a combat fighter.

A wise man would *never* make such a bet, as Hobbes said.

Flash was a bit of a pain, showing off a lot as he did. But he was basically a good kid. When you make a living out of flying test ships as he did you gotta take quite a bit of baravdo on board, so I guess we can forgive him for that, can't we?
Well at least he redeams himself somewhat in Stealth

Maveric said:
Oh yeah, sorry. I forgot he was a Major.

Don't mention it we all make mistakes. This one is helped (at least in the PSX manual) by saying that Flash was a 1st Lt

TopGun said:
Don't mention it we all make mistakes. This one is helped (at least in the PSX manual) by saying that Flash was a 1st Lt

That's the thing with Wing Commander. It's not just any other game, is it. So much thought goes into the story and background and all that kinda stuff that you get so caught up in the facts you can forget your own name! ~~~
But hey, who's complaining?:D

Back