Fission or Leech Laser?

There's no cowardice in using every piece of technology available to you if it means living to fight another battle. Cloaks are useless in the 2680s, but the Fission is still a nice gun. Even if it isn't any good to you in a dogfight, it's still great for taking out Corvettes and capital ship components. I prefer a powerful gun with a low refire rate to a weaker, rapid fire gun.

I'm more for the Leech Cannon(Gun, whatever). I prefer disabling the fighter and then destroying it. If we could have an option to just shoot the cockpit while the fighter was disabled...
biggrin.gif

------------------
The WC Source Code Release Project needs you!
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our neck before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth..." - Kahlil Gibran

Member of the LMG(Centaurian)

Last edited by a moderator:
And some destroyed eletronics in the process.

Just disabling it and leaving it to the pickup teams is still better.

------------------
The WC Source Code Release Project needs you!
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our neck before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth..." - Kahlil Gibran

Member of the LMG(Centaurian)

I always loved cloaks, they let just pop up and blow your target away before he has a chance to react, and then dissappear just as fast.

It's kind of like guerilla warfare, effective and efficent. There's nothing wrong in keeping the casualties down on your side.

[This message has been edited by Cricket (edited September 07, 2000).]

And hence we have a debate between whats a soldier and a warrior. Of course in the game that style of flying is all well and good, but in 'reality' it can be argued that there's no honour in that. Efficiency and effectiveness is the argument which drives the Empire's constant treachery within its ranks in Star Wars. I wonder though, why were the Kilrathi - honour bound that they were - so eager to use their cloaking abilities.

"No quarter to the enemy."

"I hear no mention of honour, sir."

"Ah, honour... an oversight."

Blair and Paulsen on the Black Lance soldiers on the Lexington. Or something like that.

Tough one to call there...maybe the Killie-cats just like to save the honor for when they are face-to-maw with their enemies.

As far as fission or Leech....gotta go with Fission. Leech were too tough to use, had to get so damn close and waste all my afterburner....just park and blast them one time with the Fission...then cloak and go on about your business.
wink2.gif

Using an effective tactic on enemy forces is fine, that's what you should always try your best to do. If you stick to honour and stuff you won't win a war.

It's only wrong to kill someone who isn't a threat, like civillians or prisoners.

The Kat's (or anyone else for that matter) shouldnt have any problem with cloaking. If the prey isnt able to hear or see you, that is a sign of your race's prowess as hunters. The only people who would call that dishonorable would be those who agreed with the late-medieval through early American tactic of marching your armies out in full view and then have your men kill each other at 100 feet. It becomes a lot less attractive, howver, when each man lost means enough tech to fuel a small city for a year (modern city, not one of the 2660 versions!)

------------------
Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

I think I'll let Hobbes (the WC2 version) answer your question.

"I do not accept your definition of honour."

Maybe it's every man for himself
smile.gif
. But mostly, what I meant was just that the Kilrathi have different ideas about honour than the Humans do. Hence the war.

I think I shall define honour!

honour n 1: the state of being honored [syn: honor, laurels] [ant: dishonor] 2: a tangible symbol
signifying approval or distinction; "an award for bravery" [syn: award, accolade, honor, laurels] 3: the
quality of being honorable and having a good name; "a man of honor" [syn: honor] [ant: dishonor] 4: a
woman's virtue or chastity [syn: honor, purity] v 1: bestow honor upon; "Today we honor our soldiers"
[syn: honor, reward] [ant: dishonor] 2: show respect towards; "honor your parents!" [syn: respect,
honor, abide by, observe] [ant: disrespect] 3: accept as pay; "we honor checks and drafts" [syn: honor]
[ant: dishonor] 4: confer honor on [syn: honor, favor, favour, grace]

There.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC
You are in no way entitled to any WC games, if you don't have them its your own damn fault.

No. Only American dictionaries use American spelling. Proper dictionaries use British spelling
smile.gif

Back