Female fans...

That's what I used to think. In fact I used to think that all sterotypes were petty much wrong. But when everything you see starts to suggest that some generalisations are almost correct it makes you wonder.

Take a look at computer games. Girls don't play 'em. Girls don't read comics books either. Of course thre are a few exceptions. But you go to what ever message borads or walk into a computer game or comic store and how many women do you see? In my 8/9 years of reading comics I've seen a handful of women in any comic store and half of them seemed to be the girlfriends of guys who read comics and didn't read comics themselves. If this computer game/comic sterotype is wrong, then where the hell are all these women?

Hmm, doing other things... which would lend credence to the stereotype?

Personally, I hate generalisations myself, but sometimes I can see why they come about. Heh, a contradiction of sorts: I can accept generalisations, but only in specific cases.

The internet connection in my uni's library a quite decent, so I go there nearly every morning since, I tend to get to uni well before classes start. The population there is quite balanced gender wise, and there are plenty of female techs/supervisors, but from what I glance at, the females tend to just use the internet for e-mail, and occasionally for real-time chat. The guys tend to do more in-depth surfing esp for assignments and such.

Females and the internet is a funny thing. A few months back the Australian Time Magazine did this article saying that in the last year(?), the largest increase in internet usage was due to women. In fact the increase in female users is larger than the increase in male users. This increase was mostly due to, you guessed it, e-commerce :)

I find the internet's fine if you don't have anything else to do. Like chatting on the internet's okay, but I'd rather talk with someone in reality.

And the reason why I like Wing Commander's because it's like a movie with really good story, and you're like a part of it. Just blowing up spaceships gets boring after a while.

Did you ever wonder how they figured out how many words someone says per day? They just watched a hundred people and counted the words they said and came up with an answer? 75% of statistics are made up on the spot :)

I went searching around the threads and fan directory. Though my search isn't quite complete, I stumbled upon two names.

The first, was Natalie Cohen. Although I'm not certain if it's a real name, I'm quite sure it's feminime.
Secondly, if you look around the fan directory, I found this name Christina Little, callsign 'Cricket'.

Anybody can give me some info about this?

-RVN

That would be me. You searched the whole directory? I think you got a little bit too much time on your hands.

Quarto: Yeah, I should put it as my signature or something :)

You know what, from where I come from,

taking a cold shower can be considered as a luxurious way of taking a bath.

Man, I don't even have bathtub in my house.

On second thought, I'm not even living in my own house.

-RVN

Back