Fedora core 3 x86-64

Knomkrad

Spaceman
Ok downloaded the game, started the install
./privateer1.0.bz2.run
Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing Privateer Remake 1.0 - Base...(lot of dots)....
.....back to prompt

System:
AMD Athlon 64
FC3 X86-64
1 Gb mem
ATI radeon 9800Pro

When I try the Gentoo trick (privateer1.0.bz2.run --target ./privateer) I get the priogram installed but Setup gives me a segamntation fault.

Now I still have to use Windoze :(

exactely the same, but setup.sh give me back the prompt without (??) doing anything...

system:
AMD64 3000+
512 Mo DDR
Nvidia Geforce FX Go 5700
Fedora Core 3 x86-64
kernel 2.6.10-1.770_FC3

I want a solution to get it run on my FC3, to play it everywhere with my laptop.
I don't have windows on it and as it's only for my work, so it will never got windows installed in.
So please, has someone a beginning of solution ?

You don't have to...

You don't have to run the setup program to play the game
You can just edit vegastrike.config (in your home folder? under privateer100something? or else in that data folder
you could use wine to run setup.exe
better yet, use emacs to edit vegastrike.config in its xml mode--

Unregistered said:
I want a solution to get it run on my FC3, to play it everywhere with my laptop.
I don't have windows on it and as it's only for my work, so it will never got windows installed in.
So please, has someone a beginning of solution ?

Try "setarch i686" before starting installer, it should workaround the installer problem. There is still problem with setup, but the game should be playable.

sHINOBI

I unfortunately do not have an AMD64 so all of this is hard to test. Am I to understand that the binary actually runs on a 64 bit OS (provided you get everything installed)? That is actually rather surprising :p

You can always use whatever text editor you choose to mess with the settings, though it can get a little messy. Or you can check out the vssetup module from the Vegastrike CVS and compile a version that works for you. Further, you could check out hte vegastrike module and compile a main executable as well, though it has a few more dependencies and might be a bit more involved ;)
MrLovely said:
So use Windows....

what's the big difference?
That's not an answer. Some people (like me) do not have Windows and don't care to.

Got a little further :)
Installed the game with --keep
got into vegastrike-base/bin
start vsinstall.sh

Now it runs. as far as I can see/here Sound graphics all works, now I have to find out how to get my joystick to work

Back