Favorite Kilrathi Fighters

Favorite Kilrathi Fighters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JasonRocZ

Vice Admiral
I know in some of the Wing Commander games (Armada, Academy, WC Arena, etc..) we're able to get a taste of some of the Kilrathi Designs and how they fly, So with that being said What is everyones favorite fighters? Also what was your most feared to fly against because without a doubt you'd either A: be restarting the mission or B: Ejecting :) So I tried to included some of the more advanced fighters, and it doesn't matter what timeline or era as you can see. Include some stories also on why it's your favorite.

I made this vote so that you may vote multiple times....I'm looking to feature one of these fighters in the WC:CD mod as a cameo appearence and possible more but haven't decided yet. Also I am only including 10 fighters because that's the maximum.

The current board setup only allows up to 10 poll options.

Still, though, something as iconic as the Dralthi should definitely have been included, seeing as it's in most of the WC games (exceptions being WC2, its add-ons, and Priv2).

Maybe grouping the kat fighters by game would've been a better idea, with a suggestion in the actual post to specify. Oh well.

I would like to vote for the Shok'lar... but as said before... it's missing... that's why I chose the Jalthi... remember it from WC1 ... it was slow perhaps but I remember the first time flying directly torwards a Jalthi... then the six guns fired...
...okay that was the last time I flew directly torwards it... :D

The Jalthi seems slow and overpowered but it is still a ship that always gets my respect...

Yeah, a Kilrathi fighter poll that has the Goran but not the Dralthi is a little odd. :) (Also: spelling corrections! Hhriss, not Hriss and Darket, not Darkhet.)

Killing Grathas always brings a smile to my face.

As I repeatedly stated in the WC1 replay, I absolutely hate Krants.

I voted the Jalthi, just because the gratha is not included.
And i believe that if the flying pancakes were included, they'd win.
I love to kill dralthis, but i hate to fly them :p

Sorry :( about the spelling errors and not showing ALL the Kilrathi Fighters I only wish the vote had more options....but I left out the Dralthi only reason being is that I think it's a very mainstream fighter, you see it every where in almost every game, and it ultimately is always in the minds of every WC fan...also the Gothri is also what comes to mind especially if you play Privateer religiously, but again it's totally based on the 10 vote poll options so I'm am sorry I also tried to see if anyone liked the other fighters. As far as the spelling goes I suck when it comes to that because usually I write how I talk and it's pathetic I know, I go too fast when I write and don't always go through spelling after I'm done...For all of that I apologize :)

I kinda liked the Sorthak for some reason I dunno it was big and fairly tough

It's too bad it didn't get more time in the game though. It was built up as an amazing fighter in Victory Streak and kind of fizzled in the game. It was tough with the turreted mesons, but still not the fighter it was made out to be.

It's too bad it didn't get more time in the game though. It was built up as an amazing fighter in Victory Streak and kind of fizzled in the game. It was tough with the turreted mesons, but still not the fighter it was made out to be.

Without a doubt....kinda sux now that I think about it in retrospect :)

What about the Vaktoth? That looked pretty sick but why was that one so easy to kill? Wasn't it a heavy fighter? I guess it's the old argument of heavy fighter as in heavily armed or heavily armored :)

Without a doubt....kinda sux now that I think about it in retrospect :)

9 minutes will do that.

The Vaktoth in WC3 is very respectable. I dreaded encountering them in anything less than a T-bolt or Excal. In WCP they loose quite a bit of their punch and are absolute suicide to fly in MP.

haha your right but, you made a good point so I went with that, and true Vaktoths were pretty tought when you were in an Arrow in WC3...Then really lost there hard edge in Prophecy/Secret Ops...

haha your right but, you made a good point so I went with that, and true Vaktoths were pretty tought when you were in an Arrow in WC3...Then really lost there hard edge in Prophecy/Secret Ops...

In an Arrow it's not as bad because the speed advantage is very useful. When in a Hellcat or Longbow however it was a lot of dodge and weave and smart use of missiles.

Back