Favorite GBA Games

Mav23

Swabbie
Banned
Hey there, just wondering if anybody out there has actually found a good video game for the GBA that they really enjoy. I have five or six games now and the only one that I can say really entertained me and never let me down was A Link to the Past. Besides that, my selection sort of sucks.

Holy Cow, have you never played advance wars? It's one of the best games ever made on any platform. Mario Kart, Mario World, Metroid Prime, Wolfenstein, Super Dodge Ball, the Castlevanias, Pokemon, etc, are all decent as well.

Any of the Tony Hawk versions, Super Mario World, Super Dodge Ball, Fire Pro Wrestling, Street Fighter 2 Turbo Revival. Other than that I don't play any of the others all that much.

The Pokemon games are fantastic -- probably the closest thing to an actual RPG that you can get on a game system these days.

Wings, also by Raylight, is a lot of fun. It's a World War I sim/shooter. Worth checking out if you're interested in what kind of a job they'll do on Prophecy.

The various Mario games are great nostalgia-inducers.

There's a Commander Keen game for the GBC which is worth playing.

And Tetris, everybody should own Tetris.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
The Pokemon games are fantastic -- probably the closest thing to an actual RPG that you can get on a game system these days.

That reminds me.. if you're looking for other adventure/rpg style games. Golden Sun 1 and 2 are good, as is Tactics Ogre.

Originally posted by ChrisReid
That reminds me.. if you're looking for other adventure/rpg style games. Golden Sun 1 and 2 are good, as is Tactics Ogre.

And for those who want nostalgia... Zelda.

I'm just trying to finish GS2 now, after bulking up my party with my Golden Sun 1 imported group... :D

Heh, I actually went to the store the other day to pick up Super Mario World, but I was enticed by Sim City 4 instead.... now I'm broke :(

Tactics Ogre is indeed great, if frustrating at times.

And whatever came of that Super Mario's Universe clip from a gaming convention Frosty showed me over a year ago?

Originally posted by ChrisReid
Ah! Couldn't believe nobody had mentioned Golden Sun until then. :) That series is really on the same level as Zelda, truly amazing!

Megaman Battle Network's pretty fun too. :D

Originally posted by LeHah
And whatever came of that Super Mario's Universe clip from a gaming convention Frosty showed me over a year ago?

That was fake..

Back