Fast Movies

JamesJB

Spaceman
i would like to know how i can slow down the movies in WingCommander Prophecy.The reason i ask is cause they play too fast.I never had this problem on my AMD K6-2 400MHZ W/128MB ram.Do i need moslow for my system to make the movies slow down on my new system?My new system specs are;

AMD Athalon 1.2gig
512mb Ram
ATI Radeon w/64mb DDR memory video card.
Soundblaster Live! MP3+ 5.1
DSL Westell Modem conected to a network hub then thru a DSL/Cable Router.
CDRW Drive
DVD Drive w/Realmagic Decoder Card
3COM Digital Web Cam(not still picture)
Saitek Flight Control System (Joystick & Throttle Combo)
60gig hard drive

Thanks for any help possable.
Signed; James Barrek
P.S.Sorry for going overboard on sytem specs hehe.

I had the same problem.

follow this:

Control Panel

Sound Properties (or sound and multimedia)

advanced

on the windows clck on performance

then Turn all the hardware accelation down.

The mentioned fix usually works, though in some cases (like mine), the major movies will still break up, not being too fast, but too slow, as though its not buffering. ;/
And don't worry, I've tried all acceleration levels for sound, so must be something else, I guess :(

No, don't try Directx 8 if you don't already have it install. There are issues between LW3 and directx 8. If you have these two programs install on your machine you will most likely not be able to play this game.

Originally posted by Johnl12
No, don't try Directx 8 if you don't already have it install. There are issues between LW3 and directx 8. If you have these two programs install on your machine you will most likely not be able to play this game.

What's LW3?

LiveWire v3.0 is the current audio software that CL SBLive cards uses. Never suggest software unless you know it will work and not cause other problems.

I didnt update my Radeon Drivers cause for some reason when i update them i get scratchie,disorted sound.As long as i dont update my Radeon drivers im fine.Im not using updated sound either cause for some reason Liveware 3.0 dont want to install.
The error i get is"not used with live! based cards" or somthing like that.

I am useing DirectX 8.0a if anyone is wondering.

Im curious,could the reason why we are haveing a hard time with the movies in WCP be because our systems are getting faster and faster? To be honest i really thought i wouldnt have any problems with that game cause it seemed i would have a nice system for it.Imean what was the cuase of the movies going fast/skipping ahead,could it be that our video cards are getting faster and more powerful? I have alot of old games from way back and i do still like playing them but they use dos and darn microshaft got rid of dos practicly in WinMe. I do have a second computer with WinMe on it but for me to play dos games i would have to put Win95 or Win98 on it.Why do you guys think microsoft is trying to get rid of DOS? well thats all for now.

Signed; James Barrek
P.S. I hope this letter made sense.

Probably you're right.

Maybe if guys who design program and games work better we don't need computer with better performance every 6 months

Back