Fahrenheit 9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mandarins?

Does any WC buff remember their movement from mentioned first, I think, in WC2? Sure you do! Michael Moore and his ilk in Hollywood would be the Champions of that cause, IMHO, even against a clearly inhuman, bloodthirsty alien enemy. Oh well, I guess it takes all kinds, I'd just hope if the Kirathi actually conquered humans, that they'd take the Mandarin collaborators to the Gimle system and hunt them all first for being such traitorous, two-faced scum as an official "Thank You" from the Kilrathi Emperor for all their "help".
By the way Iceman, where was Michael Moore when Clinton was bombing ethnic cleansing maniacs in the Balkans during his term? Wasn't that a unilateral military action taken by the U.S.?

This thread needs a picture of Che Guevara for absolutely no reason.

che.jpg

On this thread, I just feel compelled to talk about my troubles with women. But fresh, vine-ripened peaches are so damn good. I'm like half a block away from a peach and apricot orchard. And my friend who brews his own wine, we go and pick tons of this fruit and make wines and meads out of them.

Papaya

The papaya fruit is tropical, shaped like an elongated pear. Both red and yellow papaya is sweet yet rank in smell; do not let this spoil your experience. Its seeds are very similar in appearance to caviar; they are sometimes dried off, ground and used as filler in pepper (you might have already had papaya seeds!). Papaya is very juicy and has a satisfying sweetness.

Nutritionally, papaya is abundant in vitamin C and an enzyme known as papain. Ironically, papain has uses such as meat tenderizing and pain relief. Indeed, in 1977 a "post-operative infection in a kidney-transplant patient was cured by strips of papaya which were laid on the wound and left for 48 hours, after all modern medications had failed." (Source:Papain)

In the opinion of this Wingnut, papaya is best dried with or without sulfur as a preservative and either cured with natural (brown) sugar or unsweetened to preserve the original flavor. It's sweet enough already. Dried papaya may be found in your local Fresh Market and several health food stores. Your local Wal-Mart and/or Kroger as well as the aforementioned Fresh Market carry fresh yellow and red papaya in both normal and, if you are daring, jumbo sizes.

papaya.jpg

Ultimatar said:
By the way Iceman, where was Michael Moore when Clinton was bombing ethnic cleansing maniacs in the Balkans during his term? Wasn't that a unilateral military action taken by the U.S.?

Micheal Moore was in the US at the time. But, Clinton was bombing ethnic cleansing maniacs who, by that time, had murdered hundreds, if not thousands of innocent people whos only crime was being different from the people that were killing them. It was not a unilateral military action taken by the US, NATO was also bombing Kosovo, as was Canada. BTW, if you want to read some stuff about what is happening in the world today, go to www.whatreallyhappened.com, and http://www.guerrillanews.com.

whatreallyhappened.com is an interesting site. I've read both accurate and bogus news on it, although more often you'll find it links to well-argued news reports.

Milosevic had recently slaughtered thousands in his ethnic cleansing when Clinton mobilized our military. Saddam's most ruthless moments did not occur during G-Dub's years in office. The killing of Kurdish civilians occured in 1988; the United States answered with the Operations we all know about. THAT was the time to take out Saddam. We did not. That was when we should have fought for democracy in Iraq. Not now when anti-American sentiment (although high in the early '90s) is at a boiling point. I can't fault G-Dub for removing a dictator, but I do think the way he went about it and the reasons he used to justify simply didn't work.

Clinton had strong support against Milosevic, partly because of his actions and partly because of how well the media covered them. No one wanted him in power doing this to these people, and so he had support. Bush used less-than-solid evidence to argue that Iraq was both linked to al Qaida and had WsMD that were aimed at US interests. This wasn't enough for a world whose anti-Bush sentiments had been on the rise since Osama bin Laden evaded capture in Afghanistan. MILLIONS of people worldwide protested in the streets against war; I'm sure millions more felt the same without protesting.

Now we're in this nightmare scenario. We have entire divisions in Iraq that at one point or another have been officially deemed "Unfit to Fight." Reports of soldiers having to use captured AK-47's because of munitions shortages have fed out to the media. Rumors of a renewed draft that would allow the military to call up both men and women up to age thirty-four, while just rumors backed up by some evidence, have worsened the outlook in the eyes of many. Also, militant Iraqi forces continue to fight, kill and kidnap both soldiers and civilians alike in horrific acts of barbarism.

Sure puts a president in a tough spot.

Iceman16 said:
But, Clinton was bombing ethnic cleansing maniacs who, by that time, had murdered hundreds, if not thousands of innocent people whos only crime was being different from the people that were killing them.
Well, yeah, I guess that sounds like a reasonable description of Desert Fox. Or at least, I guess that's what you're referring to... because you can't be talking about Kosovo, given that all that 'ethnic cleansing' stuff was debunked pretty much immediately after the conflict there ended.

I wanna show pictures of fruit and other stuff. How do I go about doing that? Oh, and I wasn't reading too closely about the Michael Moore stuff. Were some of you referring to that aspirin factory in Sudan that was bombed?

I've got a great picture of a bell pepper.

This might help support the statements made here, although admittedly "thousands" murdered might be exaggerated. Either way, I believe the cause was worth it.

Yeah, Shatner gained some pounds, drank from the fountain of youth, and got more annoying for his role as Michael Moore. George Bush's incarnation of Guy Montag will most assuredly cause Oskar Werner to rise from the grave and applaud. Then fall down.

Fahrenheit_3.JPG
bush-072903-sm(ap).jpg

Shipgate said:
I'm just curious. Has anyone actually seen the movie yet? It's been out for about a week now hasn't it?
no, it opens tomorrow, but there was a preview screening of it today.

Shipgate: You can post images using the IMG tag. Put brackets, "[" and "]" around IMG, then write the url of the image, and close it with /IMG in brackets.

[
pineapple.jpg
]

If this doesn't work then quite the fool I'll look. Hey it worked! Yep, there's my favorite fruit. But can I not put on a picture that's just on my hard drive? Does it need to be on the internet?

Wasn't trying to say a rhyming ditty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back