F-35... destined for greatness?

Bandit LOAF said:
I already told you what I wanted you to do, now I will help you on your way.

You are really a piece of work you know that? Thats right, this is me. Go ahead, ban my IP address for all I care. After this, I'm done here. I made a valid point, backed it up and all you can do is make blanket statements based on nothing but you're own stupidity. You are pathetic. I bid you all goodbye... I will miss most of you.

First, you picked the wrong "your". I'm not generally anal about these things, but when you're actually using it to call someone stupid... well, you do the math. Unless you're anywhere near as bad at math as you are at grammar and history.

If a college history department actually told you that foreign policy issues are a result of there having been "idiots in charge of the US in the 50s-70s" -- and I do refuse to be so cynical as to think that the 'Star Trek is about blowing stuff up!' kid is old enough to be in college -- then you should certainly have a strong argument that it shouldn't ba accredited and that you deserve your money back for the three classes you've taken.

And finally -- you're some creepy weirdo with a second account that he actually uses? And this is a blow against my decision to get rid of you *how*?

(And for those playing along at home, the trick to the thread is that I acted unilateraly towards my own end in exactly the way this young man desises the country for not doing... and gee, he didn't end up happy about it in practice?)

You seem like a good guy Corsair... Why do you always have to get yourself banned for idiotic trolling?:(

Dyret said:
You seem like a good guy Corsair... Why do you always have to get yourself banned for idiotic trolling?:(

He's clearly not a good guy -- he's not intelligent enough to hack it at a freaking video game message board, and he creates creepy puppet characters to play with. He's a sad, tragic weirdo.

Eh, there's clearly something wrong with the kid -- his history as F4U Corsair is entirely servicable (if not entirely bright) Wing Commander posts... and I can respect that, overall. Then bammo, he decided he needed a different account to act like... even more of a stupid teenager?

The Star Trek thing, for instance -- I told Chris and everybody that I thought we should let him post, he just didn't understand the rules yet and he wasn't hurting anything, however silly he seemed. Boy is my face red now... how does it even work out now? He *did* know this isn't a Star Trek message board and was doing that... on purpose? I mean, how does that happen?

Yeah, what the hell just happened? He had a joke account for the last ten months to act like an idiot? He's got a lot of threads under his belt as the new guy (and in the first of which he even introduced himself as new), and half of them are really weirdo crap threads that got closed or wore out their welcome in one way or another. All that aside, his break down as Icey86 was pretty hilarious/pathetic. Throwing out the fact that you took a couple history courses.. at an internet message board populated by 20something college students.. really doesn't make you an expert subject matter superstar.

It's so weird that the universe absolutely managed to vindicate me, though -- I wasn't slamming some kid who was too stupid to understand he was stupid... I was getting rid of a legitimately crazy person.

We should contact the professors of those classes he listed. This is a strange mystery.

Bandit LOAF said:
Eh, there's clearly something wrong with the kid -- his history as F4U Corsair is entirely servicable (if not entirely bright) Wing Commander posts... and I can respect that, overall. Then bammo, he decided he needed a different account to act like... even more of a stupid teenager?

My thoughts exactly... he seemed like an average devoted WC fan until he suddently, for no reason at all turned into a trolling-machine... The "Icey-era" posts have been mostly generic E-crap, teenage crap, and crap about stuff he doesn't understand.

Somehow that just makes me feel sorry for him.

I feel the opposite - I can stand ignorance, but performed, willful ignorance gets you no sympathy. I would have eventually felt bad getting rid of stupid-Icey... but now, hoo-boy.

His e-mail address is from UMass Dartmouth (heh)... but the history course numbers don't match up in their catalog to the topics he listed. What a strange situation.

Wow, didn't really see that one coming. Should have had some popcorn ready for that tirade. Well done though, Loaf. Another crazy eliminated.

Bandit LOAF said:
I feel the opposite - I can stand ignorance, but performed, willful ignorance gets you no sympathy. I would have eventually felt bad getting rid of stupid-Icey... but now, hoo-boy.

His e-mail address is from UMass Dartmouth (heh)... but the history course numbers don't match up in their catalog to the topics he listed. What a strange situation.

His email is UMass DARTMOUTH....? Uhm...he's paying HOW much per credit hour over there...?

Iceyl86 said:
You know, the odd thing is... if Korea were to attack the United States, where would they get aid? China!? Considering that they are our #1 trading partners, i highly doubt it. Vietnam? Please... if we didn't have idiots in charge of the US in the 50s-70s... well the Vietnam conflict would have gone very differently, they might have even become our allies.

What really gets me though is why people think we should have focused our attention on Korea instead of Iraq... one question; Why? We've been having peaceful negotiations with them for years now... people are jumping the gun based on the outdated fears of McCartheism. Also... ok Republican or Democrat, Liberal or Conservative, we can all agree that attacking Iraq was a poor decision... the best military tech they had of thier own was equivalent of WW1 technology. But why Korea? Pakistan or Iran... that I can understand. Iran... well they hate us because of Jimmy Carter's stupidity... but Pakistan... the Taliban was formed from the Fundamentalist "Freedom Fighters", which they paid for with our tax money. It is also where Osama Bin Laden is hiding now. Yes they are our ally... but that is only because thier president is our ally. If he gets killed, forget it, we're loosing an ally, and things will get twice as bad for the Afganis.

Even though this dude's banned, I feel "obligated" (and I use the term loosely here) to point out a couple (times twenty) errors in the history tirade.

If North Korea went back to war, they'd ABSOLUTELY get aid from China. This is for two reasons: One, because N.K., like China, is communist, and under normal circumstances, like-minded ideological countries tend to aid each other...kinda like the U.S. would aid Japan, South Korea or Taiwan if either N.K. or China attacked any of those countries. Plus, dude, look at your history. Last time I looked, China was directly (yet politically indirectly, if at all) engaged in the Korean War. Something about history and how it repeats itself comes to mind...

Outdated fears of McCarthyism??!! Dude, where did THAT come from? Something in the subject of, oh I dunno, HISTORY says that McCarthyism was aimed at U.S. citizens who were blacklisted because they were "Communist" or "Communist sympathizers" in the 50s, and this played to the public as effectively as Republican slander of, say, Kerry and his Vietnam record/questioning his Vietnam record. Seems ignorant to say that fears of a North Korean missile launch, which is an international matter, is caused by McCarthyism, which was a domestic matter.

Iraq had the military equivalent of WWI era technology...? Uhm, did anyone tell them that when they bought MiG-29s, the T-series tanks and the infamous Scud missile from the Soviets? *blinks incoherently at this analogy*

Iran does not hate us because of "Jimmy Carter's stupidity". That is another very long, drawn out ideological difference with a long history of useage and culture/counter culture which does not belong at length in this thread.

And finally, under normal circumstances, one country is friendly with another only for two reasons: Either for trade purposes (mutually dependent) or the above-mentioned ideological similarities. This completely depends on the sitting government and its view/treatment/actions towards the rest of the world. If the Taliban gets back to power in Afghanistan, of course we're going to lose (not LOOSE) a friendly government...the government will change, and that's kind of how the world works in rudimentary terms. For example, China was once our ally, as was the USSR, while Japan and Germany were quite the enemies. Let's not forget our view of England in the early days of the history of our country, either. Every one of these countries has done a flip in our view of friend/foe government.

*shakes head* Dude, again...HOW much are you paying for those so-called History courses?

Okay. Counter-Rant over.

Whoa, I really missed alot being in the field over the weekend. That was a very good reply Tigerhawk.

That poor guy should go back to Dartmouth (which in itself says alot about why he said all that), and ask for his money back.

Edit- I wish LOAF could have left him only long enough so I could refute his allegation that it was a mistake to invade Iraq. But he is gone now, so good job LOAF

Well, the UN won't do crap. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe the N. Koreans are even a member, if I remember correctly, they dropped out or were expelled during the Korean War. But I could be wrong.

Personally, I don't think the US will do anything militarily, There's no reason to provoke them into doing something stupid that will get civilians in S. Korea or Japan killed, and restart hostilities on the Korean War.

But I don't write policy, and frankly, I'd like to see the launch site blasted by a F-117 or some cruise missiles.

Back