Escape Pods in Wing Commander Prophecy?

Gaz

Spaceman
Just a stupid question.. Is there any way of picking up ejected pilots in the game? Or do you just leave them there?

I remember in Wing Commander II you had to use a tractor beam on them.

The escape pod is generally useless in Prophecy. You fold and almost always you get captured and it's game over XD

The escape pod is generally useless in Prophecy. You fold and almost always you get captured and it's game over XD

They're one of those elements that would've had a bit more meaning in the multiplayer side of the game. (There was also a cool cut feature where the Shrike escape pod could fly around on its own with a single laser cannon!)

Please take what I say with a grain of salt, but in terms of the WC games, I think you have useable tractor beams in 2, Academy, 4, Privateer, and Privateer 2: The Darkening, I have only played Armada once, so I can't say for certain.

Tbat's a pretty good list! There's also a tractor beam in Wing Commander Arena, which makes for a pretty solid tactic where you can tractor in an enemy ship and shoot at it in the process (or run it into a torpedo!).

Back