Epee fans

frostytheplebe

Seventh Part of the Seal
You guys suck!:p

Kidding! We've heard so much complaining about this fighter, I would like to hear a few stories about how, when, and where it was used effectively.

The WC2 Epee sucks horribly. Good thing it has particle cannons and DFs.

The UE Epee, on the other hand, can be quite good (especially in that First Strike mission), though I still like the Banshee better.

The Standoff Epee is said to be hard to hit, but I don't use it much.

The Standoff Epee is very good, but to be honest I don't really recall having all the trouble people are talking about in WC2. On the other hand I haven't played WC2 in over ten years... The only ships I can ever remember having actual trouble flying was the Scimitar, Tarsus, and Hellcat V. In general I hate medium fighters, and almost all of my least favorite ships fall into this category.

-Starcrunch

Time to replay WC2, then. :p

The only real problem with the WC2 Epee is that you absolutely must do your best to avoid getting hit. Unfortunately, it's a big problem. With a bit of missile mangement and careful dogfighting, the Epee is flyable, but it's still pretty annoying.

I thought the Epees were mobile mines/distractions with an ejector seat. In order to trick pilots into flying them, they strapped on some guns.

In all seriousness, the epee... uh... looked like a good fighter? Yeah. Looked fine on the flight deck.

I thought the Epees were mobile mines/distractions with an ejector seat. In order to trick pilots into flying them, they strapped on some guns.

In all seriousness, the epee... uh... looked like a good fighter? Yeah. Looked fine on the flight deck.

yeah they looked real nice... then you had to hit the ignition switch and look what happened...

The only real problem with the WC2 Epee is that you absolutely must do your best to avoid getting hit. Unfortunately, it's a big problem. With a bit of missile mangement and careful dogfighting, the Epee is flyable, but it's still pretty annoying.
I believe that it's quite the contrary; a good pilot will try hard to avoid getting hit. That's no big problem at all, and the Epee's size and shape actually helps avoiding enemy shots. Those two well-centered particle cannons help make quick, precise shots, then break and avoid enemy fire, then hit again. Sure, if your flying style is simply to face your enemy and open fire until one die, you'll hate the Epee.

The Epee isn't a superfighter, but the missions we get to fly it in WC2/SO1 where very fun and challenging.

Oh, I completely agree with you, Popsicle. The Epee can be fun to fly (especially in that WC2 distress call mission, which has one of the best dogfights in the game), I was just reviewing the Epee. For example, the Wraith is a much better ship than the Epee, but players who like big nasty tough challenges will like the Epee better.

(And honestly, I may actually be one of those players. The Wraith is just so overpowered...)

Back