Enslave/Free Slaves, Hitchhikers

RZetlin

Spaceman
I'm not clear on the concept of enslaving and freeing slaves.

In the original game if you use your tracker beam to pull in a pilot, you can automatically sell the pilot as a slave at the market.

So how does this work in the remake?

If tracker beam a pilot into the ship what do you do then?

Can you choose which pilots can be free/enslave or is all or nothing?

Are hitchhikers freed slaves?

How does a hitchhiker benefit you?

Yes...if you tractor in a pilot, you immediately can sell him as a (contraband) slave
the pilot being freed is the top in the list...
once you free a pilot you cannot enslave him.
Yes hitchhikers are freed slaves--or people too wiley to be enslaved...
you can sell hitchhiker's for a feel good price of 42 credits...but not nearly as much as the slave you would have sold
Hitchhiker's are designed not to benefit you. (hence: feel good)
you can enslave passengers from "rescue" or "transport passenger" missions and sell those fools off.

So if you tracker in a pilot and don't do anything to him would he be categorized as when you bring up the cargo list? Slave or Hitchhiker?

If the rescued pilot can be automatically be sold as a slave then what's the point of making him a slave in the first place?

he would be categorized as Pilot which is on the contraband list.
enslaving is only used for people that would other wise be "free" (i.e. passengers)
usually the only key you'd use on a pilot is free (to turn him into a hitchhiker)

So I can free or enslave a captured pilot as much as I like?

I was thinking about freeing the pilot to get pass the milita patrols and then enslaving the pilot when I close to a base so I can sell him off for a high price!

unfortunately, freeing a slave turns him into a hitchhikker. And you can't enslave a hitchhikker. So that trick won't work.

--Brandon Young

Back