E-bay; Purchase Wing Commander games

iCe

Vice Admiral
[if this is the wrong place, i'm sorry. i thought it was. place replace it]

Hey all!

My 3DO version of WC3 has a cracked disc 1 for a very long time, and i realy want to play it again (same with my SWC, has a scratchy disc).

Now, i think of buying those 2 games from Ebay when the oppertunity arives (lot of them) but i don't have experience with Ebay or related things.

I don't have a credit card, so i must get a Paypal acount? How do i bid on them, and pay for it? What are the do and donts? What are things i must keep in mind?

Can someone awnser my questions?

Thanks in advance!!!

iCe

I'm not sure but I believe you need to have a credit card to use Paypal. At the very least you must connect it to your checking account. I've lost my previous respect for Paypal due to a couple of issues but I will say this: it is a very secure process.

Is it like i transfer money from my local back acount, to my PayPal acount so i can pay with that on Ebay?

EDIT: I think i found the awnser

To open a personal PayPal account, you must provide your name, address, phone number, and email address. In order to make payments using PayPal, you must provide a credit card, debit card, or bank account information.

Probably about half of the Ebay sellers will accept a money order or even a personal check through the mail.

PayPal prefers that you use a bank account to pay for purchases because, unlike using a credit card, it costs them nothing to process the transaction. They really push you in that direction. You can’t become “verified” with PayPal until you give them a bank account number, and some sellers will only ship to verified addresses because it supposedly cuts down on fraud. PayPal also limits the amount you can run through your account in a given period (a month I think) until you’ve become verified via giving them a bank account number.

I prefer using a credit card for obvious reasons. PayPal offers some types of buyer protection for those who opt to use a bank account, but I have greater faith in my credit card company to back me up if something goes awry. Many credit card companies also give card members added incentives (flyer miles, discount coupons, etc.) for using their card to pay for a purchase.

Some things to watch with PayPal: They will always offer up your bank account as the first method of payment for a purchase. You have to go in and manually select your credit card by following the "More Funding Options" link every time. PayPal will not allow you to change this setting permanently. Once you’ve selected a method of payment you will be sent to a screen that allows you to send a personalized message to the seller. If you opt to do this your method of payment will revert to your bank account when the screen refreshes! So, the last thing you want to do before clicking “Pay” is to make sure you have that credit card selected if it is what you want to use.

Hope this helps!

Back