Don´t you hate Maniac...

Yeah, cuz he's a Colonel, like you!

"What am I, you're mother?"-that was Maniac!

I always found Maniac entertaining. I liked him throughout the series, especially in the first two games.

The only part that I ever hated him somewhat is when I played WC3 for the first time and we discover Hobbes as a double agent. Maniac rants about how he knew Hobbes couldn't be trusted and basically Blair was a fool for doing so. That's the only time I wished I could deck a WC character :p.

maniac89 said:
..."What am I, you're mother?"-that was Maniac!
Actually, the quote goes "What are you, my mother?", circa WC Prophecy. I could be wrong, however. It's been some time since I played the earlier games.

Manic said:
Actually, the quote goes "What are you, my mother?", circa WC Prophecy. I could be wrong, however. It's been some time since I played the earlier games.
I believe that's it. He says it in response to any order.

Manic said:

I beleive he says it in WCIII/IV too.

Lt.Death100 said:
In WC3 he says "not possible, ace." Can't remember what he said in WC4 though.

I wasn't sure about III. He does say it in IV along with "that's a negatory, ace". I can't recall the others offhand.

Yeah, but on the other hand in WC3/4 you are Blair, just about the only pilot that Maniac will acknowledge as an equal (plus you're his immediate superior), so he's not QUITE so condescending as in WCP, where you're a Plebe.

Manic said:

Whichever game he says it in, I believe it was his response to asking for a damage report, and he his ship is fine.

t.c.cgi said:
Whichever game he says it in, I believe it was his response to asking for a damage report, and he his ship is fine.

I believe it was Wing Commander IV Maniac says that in... I could also be wrong however!

acstrife said:
Really, he said he was wrong????

I find that so hard to believe?:eek:

Uh... no, Peidu is saying he himself could me wrong. He wasn't quoting maniac.

Manic said:
I haven't played Prophecy, but he says "What are you, my mother?" in WC4 after you say "Gimme a damage report". In WC3 he says "Haha they can't touch me" when you ask "What's your status?".

Yeah. If you choose the "extra missile" option when he proposes it, you get to carry a fourth torpedo/Mace on the Vindicator, and he creates the Coneburst as a variation of the Starburst missile. He also doubles the armor on your ships (at the cost of a speed hit) in the Peleus missions where the jamming is preventing your shields from working, and we all remember the experimental cloak, right?

Maniac
Three words-
1. Incredibly
2. Good
3. Pilot

Hey I dont doubt that
I dont see him as a bad pilot
Just see him a bit of a moron and a jackass....**chuckles**
But then there has to be a jackass somewhere in the group
Might as well be him

Back