Direct X 9

Oggy

Rear Admiral
Alright Dudes (and Dudettes)

I have aqcuired a spanking new copy Splinter Cell that has come complete with Direct X 9. The Game works fine with Direct X 8.1b, but i am tempted to install the new version, but I am concerned that it will be a bug-riddled mess that will knacker my machine from here to next Month and back again, (since I am using 98SE I can't even use 'driver rollback')

So let me test the water so to speak by asking, have any of you guys got it installed and does it work fine? before i take the plunge myself.

Thanx, Oggy

Personally I'd say If it works as is, don't bother changing it :)

(I haven't heard of any problems, but then I haven't upgraded myself yet)

I had a look at Extremetech.com one of the chaps there seem to be having a problem with Dx9 and his GeForce 4 4600, which is what I got. He has written that Solidier of Fortune II had stopped working, hmmm

What System you running TC?

DX9 is what Freelancer is installing on people's machines, and we seem to still be alive.

Originally posted by Timmy the Tooth
Hey, it's Murphy's Law!:D

Pfft, Murphy's Law also tells us that things will go wrong if we don't upgrade, as well. If anything that can go wrong, it will.

I use Win2k Pro. Had DX9 since it was released (late December I think), and have had no problems. I've actualy had more problem's with nVidia's reference drivers, in both DX9 and DX8. But even those are very few.

On the flip side, I notice no real changes in performance or ability. So it boils down to if you like saying nine or eight. :D

Good thing I got one of those cool mice that takes advantage of the revolutionary DX9 features.

Originally posted by CoBy
Freelancer only uses DX9 for input .. it uses 8 for rendering etc..
Cheers,

It works under 8, even the Input.

Back