Differences between KS and the original WC

Mordecai

Spaceman
I'm trying to remember how the old WC games was since it's been over a decade since I've played it. I've noticed some things in Kilrathi Saga that don't seem to ring a bell in the old version:

• Enemy ships don't seem to have a limit to their gun capacitors; in other words, a Jalthi will sit and fire off round after round (remember 3 neutron and 3 laser) without ever stopping to recharge. I do kinda remember dealing with that in the old WC2 with Sartha ships, but since they only had 2 neutron that was a little more believable.
  • Any mission in SM2 that puts you in a Dralthi and requires you to do ANYTHING but reconaissance and retreat is a LOST battle from the start because the shields are so thin. I mean, I know their shields are terrible, I love trashing them...but it never seemed so hard before. And I don't remember the Kilrathi attacking you in a Dralthi unless you fired first - in KS they HAIL you upon first sight ready to fight, what kinda sense does that make...
  • What happened to the additional music in SO1 and SO2? Those scenes play with no music when the originals had music (for example, the jail scene aboard the Gettysburg, the first Kilrathi scene with Khasra and Thrakhath, the SO2 opening (Jazz's trial) and closing scenes (the Kamekh is making its final run, prepare to fire the main gun). The midi files are extractable, but they don't play in the actual game.

And does anyone know if there's a patch for KS WC1 to fix the annoying bug where the music goes into infinite loop (it does it for the sequence when you kill the last enemy at a navpoint and the sequence when a friendly ship dies) ??

Back