Dibbles...

Dralthi5

Spaceman
I was watching the movie in closed captions a while back:

" If Lieutenant Dibbles had had the flying skills of a women, he would still be alive."

Who's Lieutenant Dibbles?

[This message has been edited by Dralthi5 (edited March 06, 2000).]

Lieutenant Dibbles was someone that died just before the events in the movie.. his death is mentioned in the Clawk Marks guide included with Wing Commander 1.

ChrisReid said:
Lieutenant Dibbles was someone that died just before the events in the movie.. his death is mentioned in the Clawk Marks guide included with Wing Commander 1.

It's also in the KS manual, on page 33. Dibbles basicly killed himself and his wingleader, and failed the mission to destroy a Ralari class destroyer.

To be more specific, he broke formation to go after what appeared to be a badly damaged Jalthi fighter (there was also a second Jalthi). Unfortunately, neither of the Jalthis were in reality damaged, and while he fought the first, the second took out MuleSkinner (his wingleader). Then it went after Tooner (Dibbles). Caught between two Jalthi, Tooner's Scimitar was destroyed quite rapidly.
The morale of the story is, if you see a damaged Kilrathi fighter, be careful. It might not be as damaged as you think it is.

Hey, doesn't the discussion of Lt. Dibbles break that "[x] never existed" taboo of theirs?
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Quarto said:
Hey, doesn't the discussion of Lt. Dibbles break that "[x] never existed" taboo of theirs?
smile.gif

Maniac doesen't realy care about that thing, and Rosie, from what we could see, also didn't like that *you're dead, you never existed* stuff. Actualy it seems that all of the pilots only did that because of Angel and her influence, when she would change most if not all of the pilots would probably gladly forget about that.

Though I do like the fact that Roberts put that in the movie. Just one more of the many things that relates to the games, and one more evidence that the movie is in the same universe as the rest of the WC stuff.
smile.gif

Plus, Dibbles wasn't in Angel's squadron, and there was just a big article in the carrier's online magazine about him dying
smile.gif

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
( loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

Bombardez les Ptitard!

I thought that the argument about "he never existed" broke out over Bossman, not Dibbles.

------------------
"He has warrior spirit. It will be the death of him." Prince Thrakhath - End Run

Tailburn said:
I thought that the argument about "he never existed" broke out over Bossman, not Dibbles.

It did. The talk about Dibbles was during the patrol with Forbes, and Maniac.

Ah, thanks. There's a lot of early Wing Commander stuff I'm pretty unfamiliar with.

[This message has been edited by Dralthi5 (edited March 06, 2000).]

Back