Dead, Live or missing

Dark Tower

Rear Admiral
Propaly a dumb question but. In the wc series who got killed, who died andwho still lives. Plus proof eg a quote from one of the books, apperance or mention in a wc game, ect.

PS Also could there be included the possiblity of an ejection. eg if a characters ship got blown up but there's a possiblilty of them having ejected then please mention it.

This list is for all characters and ships that have been named and a a main characture (this includes kilrathi aces.)

Thanks for the info.

are you kidding thats a huge job, but i think only maniac and paladin are alive at end of prophecy from wc1, everyone in wc2 dies, in wc3 only rachel is alive i think in wc4 most are alive but hawk dies and in privateer i think brownhair is still alive other thatn that i think they are all dead even so this would take ages, you should try to get the CIC to do a post on it and see if they can organise a big competition to find out, it would probably require a full series play through, however most walkthroughs have some info on the matter, i have some for most games, ie the enemies on each mission jobs so if you want them i can email them to you, if so leave a post.

and doomsday.

look it may be a lot of work, but so is setting up a Website like the CIC, a list of all ships, all carecters, kilrathi frases, drinks, etc, etc.

is that a agreement that we do post it on the CIC, if loads of people played the games again it would be very simple. ie those with Ksaga could do wc1 (cos its too fast otherwise) ill start of on WC2 tonight, but cant guarantee speed, still, a database holding this info could be useful especially for compiling timelines etc, dar tower do you still want those walkthroughs?

Yes please.

However its to much hasale. However I should have clarifyed one detail. I'm not interested in the privateer universe however if you want to go thru that unerverse to I would stop you.

Also if you want prizes how about your name and callsign appearing in a fan based sequal to WCpropercy? Or a ship type or anything you want. Ideas welcome. If CIC want to post the list that hopeful follows please do. If they don't it will apear on site soon. Any info will be processed on a database I'll compile with the data recevied. Hence one extra detail is birthdays if known possible planets of origins if you want to get complicated.

Thanks again to those that add to the list a prize will be devised so that the one with the most names gets remembered for a long time in the community. Now post away.

Originally posted by Dark Tower
However I should have clarifyed one detail. I'm not interested in the privateer universe however if you want to go thru that unerverse to I would stop you.
Uh, there is no Privateer universe. Privateer is a part of the WC universe.

If you want to know which characters from the games are alive or dead, than just ask one of the regulars. While most people won't know about characters from the novels and such, almost everyone should know what happens in the games.

If I recall correctly Bear and Sparks from WC2 survived the Kilrathi war, though they didn't appear in the games after that...

I found some sols that might help, if you want full character lists then NAVPOINT have some pages with ships and characters listed on it might be helpful, also i suspect LOAF may have already compiled a similar list Navpoint is here http://www.dragonfire.net/~alfong/navpoint/menu.html and loaf can be found at the CIC, also try at WC In Russia at http://www.aura.ru:8101/wcinrussia/index.htm for WC1 info, in the mean time ill mail one of the CIC Administrators, and query them if they could do it, by the way i didnt really mean competition, but a sort of communal effort, but your suggestion was a good idea. if you want the walkthrough jobs then mail me at simeon_spencer_5sjms@yahoo.com THe main problem though is that both wingmen and aces dont necessarily die, only some have guaranteed deaths, besides if you split from the usual timeline eg he intrepid is destroyed, then the entire list would change, hawk would die earlier, and so would maniac, thus he they would not be there to help casey and he might die. its very complicated, i know that most of the timelines try to avoid these problems by not really dealing with ingame situations suggest storylines that happen no matter what. eg the mutiny in WC2 SO1 instead of dealing with specifics, eg i you fail some of the missions you might destroy the mutineers ship, i cant remember what its called ( ill have to replay WC2 again to find that :) ) instead of saving it. but as Twister said it may be hard work but a full database of virtually everything ( this could be the beginnig of such) could be very useful eg ship names, status, era, pilots, characters, ship sizes, classes, weaponry etc... as i said ill try mailing the CIC in the meanwhile good luck, and find as many people as poss to help ;)

Thats where the novals come in. Novels are also open to the list as they help describe events and indicate who lives or dies. Also don't worry about wc1 I've got all the manuals for that one and if I recall only bossman dies a scripted death.

PS Earthworm. Where are the crossovers between privater and the confed series hmmmm. What I meant by them being in different universes is taht they are independent of each other.

Also as the Bear is a main character and appears in some of the novels the destroy he was on that went rogus doesn't get destroyed. Ps about the kilrathi aces I'll just record them as it might get a bit complicated otherwise.

Also thanks for the links.

About the same as always, I suppose...

"No, I don't have anything better to do, ok?"
"Boom! Turned him into kitty litter!"
"So, let me tell you that story again..."
"Boom! Turned him into kitty litter!"
"Because Blair would fly on MY wing, ok?"
"Hey... are you a Border Worlder? Come here..."

'Nuff said :).

are there online versions of any of the books? like there is that Claw Marks, cos i cant find any of em

Someone was going to scan a copy of one of the novels but they didn't have a scaner. Look in the fan projects section. However so far I don't think so. Maybe LOAF could clarify or scan them in and place them online.

Also I've decided on prizes for this thread.

Third prize is the inclusion of there name in the fan based sequal I'm doing.

Second prize is a major character role.

And First prize is a major role and the privalige of naming the aliens!!!!!!!

So submit now and become famous.

Uh, yeah. And scanning novels constitutes copyright infringement. Read the fine print inside the cover.

And Q, I meant how would Maniac feel 'now'. Not what he shows, but what he feels inside. After all, he still had Hawk and Maverick with him on the Midway, but all he's got to fly with now are plebes. Sort of.

Back