Dates messed up in WC1

Mad Hatter

Spaceman
Somebody probably brought this up before, nontheless, has anyone noticed the dates are totally screwed up between the secret missions?
You begin at 2654.110 in the Vega sector campaign, and in SM1 you start once again at the same date, and in SM2, guess what? same date.
Wierd, huh?

well there were addons,,i just started
playing WC1
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
And, in WC1, did you notice debriefing always takes place after every mission at 0055 hours. Hey, isn't that a little early for flying a mission?
smile.gif

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Uh... 0055 doesn't mean it's the middle of the night, Dralthi5, because there's no such thing as night on a spaceship
smile.gif
. I don't know what it actually means, but it could just be 55 minutes after the "start" of the "day".

Mad Hatter: Yes, the dates in the game are screwed up just a bit. I believe you can find the correct dates in the CIC's Timeline Section... somewhere...

You have to convert your character if you want to get a different date, otherwise all the games start with a base date .119 (all others are random).

KS. Which undoubtedly explains why it was messed up
wink.gif

yep, I transfered my character throughout the game, and every time I start the game it starts 2654.110.
BTW, I didn`t check, but does it always end around 2654.130 like it does in SM2?

No, I think WC1 actually ends on .144. It depends on the number of missions. SM1 & 2 are shorter than the original, so they end at an earlier date.

Heh, I'm still on the Ralari mission (fact is I didn't play that much,
mad.gif
at the final exams
frown.gif
). Anyway, I did notice that Shotglass called one ship the CSS something (I'll post it's name next time, don't remember it now
tongue.gif
) when I talked to him before the mission.A big mistake, though I think this mistake is in every form of the game.

Quarto said:
Uh... 0055 doesn't mean it's the middle of the night, Dralthi5, because there's no such thing as night on a spaceship
smile.gif
. I don't know what it actually means, but it could just be 55 minutes after the "start" of the "day".

Fine, fine. Whatever.
smile.gif

Hero: Notice the shoulder patches in the WC movie? They say CSS Tiger Claw. It's just an alternate designation, kind of like USS and USNS in the American Navy.

Although... CSS was the designation of ships of the Confederacy. Wouldn't that be a little more than controversial? Quarto?
smile.gif

------------------

Confederate States Ship. I don't see how a naval designation would be controversial, even if it is the same as that appied to protectors of a bygone era status-quo. This designation doesn't stand for the same thing as the WC term, anyway.

[This message has been edited by Death's Head (edited June 12, 2000).]

All WC1 dates -- aside from 2654.110 -- are completely random... you'll get different ones every time you play through. Check the Timeline's appendix for the fiction based timsepans of the games.

LOAF: They're always the same for me, no matter how many times I play. Not that it really matters.

About the CSS Suffolk (that's the name, Hero
smile.gif
) thing - it's a simple mistake
smile.gif
. If you look carefully, you will notice that in spite of what it says, he still mouths TCS
smile.gif
. You can check that in the file, if you like
wink.gif

Yeah, that's the one
smile.gif
. As as for for Shotglass, I can't see nothing of what he mouths 'cause he's still mouthing thing he said in the begining of a conversation (the sub-title are going exteremly fast, while 'ol Shotglass talks as he he was still on a 386
wink.gif
).

Death's Head said:
Confederate States Ship. I don't see how a naval designation would be controversial, even if it is the same as that appied to protectors of a bygone era status-quo. This designation doesn't stand for the same thing as the WC term, anyway.

I didn't really mean it would be controversial, it was an inside joke, really, referring to a TCS Robert E. Lee I included into one of my Fan Fiction stories and Quarto remarked that naming a ship after a Confederate would be a little more than controversial. That's all.
smile.gif

------------------

Back